I am partnering with a premier Audio-Visual and control company in the Greater Indianapolis area that has a reputation for designing innovative solutions and delivering the highest level of service in the industry. They believe the key to a great company is building a great culture. If you enjoy working hard, pride yourself on earning trust and building relationships, and like to have fun at work, then we may be a great fit for our organization.
They are currently seeking a Construction Accountant that will work closely with Project Managers (PMs) to monitor the progress of projects, investigate variances, coordinate compliance documents and ensure project billings are issued to customers and payments are collected in a timely manner.
· Contracts/New Projects/Change Orders:
- Set up new projects based on the approved format
- Accurately enter approved budgets.
- File pre-liens on all projects
- Order and track lien waivers, insurance, preliminary notices and bonds (where applicable).
- Effectively communicate with PMs regarding contract documents, change orders and other contract modifications, approvals, and any additional services-related to billing.
- Assist Controller in Month End and WIP preparations (i.e.: job cost transfers, proposed/approved/executed change orders, unapproved AP invoices).
- Maintain accurate document tracking, including contract terms
- Adjust contract in the accounting system for change orders as needed.
- Develop Schedule of Values for all fixed prices projects, when required
- Prepare final invoice package containing draft and final invoices for all billable projects, including all applicable backup.
- Prepare time and material billings on as-needed basis.
- Maintain the billing folders for all projects, with all the appropriate documents, including submitted monthly invoices, in accordance with standard procedures.
- Research and resolve billing discrepancies
- Assess and pursue opportunities for maximization of client billing
- Process credit card payments
- Collections – keep aging under 90 days
- Bi-Monthly AR Ledger review
- Taxes/Compliance Reporting
- State Contract
- Sales Tax
- 1099 reporting
- Reconcile bank account, enter payments
- Job Costing, run payroll hour reports, post in Sage
- Post-month-end journals
- Manage Asset Register and depreciation
- Account statement reconciliation
- General ledger account reconciliation and variance analysis
- Complete and save Month End Closing Package
- Perform additional assignments, as directed by Controller, President or CEO
- Bachelor’s Degree or some college courses in accounting or business preferred
- International Commerce Exp. A MUST
- Intermediate to advanced computer literacy, including experience in word processing, spreadsheets, and accounting software
- More than 5 years of billing and receivables, with at least 2-3 years in a construction environment
- Knowledge of Net Suite accounting platforms, A MUST!
- Thorough knowledge of standard contract terms and how they are applied in the construction billing process
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, organizational skills and accuracy
- Ability to work independently, take initiative, set priorities and see projects through to completion
- Knowledge of the project structure in a General Contractor/Subcontractor business environment.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business communications and contracts. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure documents. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
CANDIDATES: Allow us to confidentially alert you to jobs on the horizon that meet your unique criteria for local, remote and relocation opportunities Worldwide! Sales Professionals, Crestron Certified and Cleared Professionals are in constant demand.
AV MANUFACTURERS: We present you a 'Best Practices' head-hunting service with the volume and quality of candidates for you require to maintain and grow your business. No up-front fees, we bill you on your new employee's first day, with a 90 Day Guarantee.
INTEGRATORS: We are highly selective when agreeing to work with new clients in this category. As we do not recruit from our clients, we have to balance new business growth with a diminishing talent pool. Contact us soon before we stop accepting new clients altogether.