I am partnering with a company whose mission is to build long-term relationships with loyal customers. They would rather do a hundred projects for one customer than one project for a hundred customers. That is why the vast majority of their clients are repeat customers. It is our goal to create success through our commitment to innovation, the strength of our team, and dedication to our customers.
They are seeking an Audiovisual Design Engineer with extensive knowledge of commercial system designs. Candidate should possess a minimum of 3 years as a Design Engineer role as an Integrator. The Audiovisual Design Engineer is responsible for ensuring the design is conveyed to project team members and that the design intent has been followed through the entire construction process. CTS or CTS-D is required. Understanding of all building trades, materials, and methods with a special emphasis on Mechanical and Electrical trades, strong written and verbal communication skills are required. The candidate will be working directly with the estimation team and support staff.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Attend project job walks, meeting & calls.
- Prepare designs and responses to Request for Proposals and RFI’s
- Analyze construction documents and generate Audio Visual Drawings and Proposals
- Produce quantity take-offs for multiple disciplines
- Contribute constructability reviews as a member of the extended Design Team
- Actively drive the Audio-Visual design and proposal process
- Serve as a technical consultant to the sales team, generating functional system descriptions, block flow diagrams and equipment lists to enable the generation of customer proposals.
- The Design Engineer is also leveraged by the post-sales team for project engineering and or on-going project consultation.
- Translate customer requirements into functional system designs
- Define the project plan including scope, costs and milestone schedule during the project phase of the work.
- Ability to read and understand construction drawings (architectural, mechanical, electrical) and submittals for adherence to plans and specifications
- Assist the project estimation team with developing the facilities and functional requirements, identify deliverables, estimate resources required, estimated time and cost of activities, qualify risk and develop a budget to assist in gaining formal approval or the project.
- Interface with Technicians and Engineers to efficiently resolve technical issues and convey information to the field and entire team
- Ability to take customer business requirements and translate them into architectural drawings and schematics with associated equipment lists.
- Update project drawings, design changes, RFIs, submittals and documentation to extended team
- Provide engineering support and expertise to the integration staff utilizing a combined skill set of engineering, CAD, equipment configuration, programming, troubleshooting, commissioning, documentation.
- Develop drawings for AV/IT facilities and systems including facility plans, reflected ceiling plans, AV/IT electrical plans, riser diagrams, room elevations, rack elevations, details, functional diagrams, equipment schedules.
- Conduct bid reviews, take-offs, and submittal preparation on bid projects.
- Assure required testing and checklist procedures and assemble test results making sure they are prepared per the specifics for those projects requiring specific test procedures and submittals.
- Assist with project closeout and take the appropriate steps to ensure final acceptance and job closing.
- Advises on Value Engineering opportunities for potential cost savings
- Ability to convey technical viewpoints to non-technical personnel and customers.
- Generate action item lists to extended teams and follow-through to completion
- A clear understanding of the construction process
- Ability to communicate with architects, contractors and other related trades
Desired Skills and Experience-
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or equivalent work in the AV/IT industry.
- Strong understanding of designing Commercial Crestron, Biamp, Extron systems.
- A minimum of 2 years experience with AutoCAD
- 3+ years’ experience as a design engineer providing technical or engineering support in the AV/IT industry.
- General knowledge of IT services, hardware, infrastructure, and system architecture (IP, LAN, WAN, Routers, switches, Hubs, Wireless Access Points).
- Polycom, Cisco, Crestron, AMX, BiAmp, ClearOne training/certifications, and hands-on experience is preferred.
- Advanced proficiency in testing, troubleshooting, and commissioning of AV and IT systems.
- Flexible with the ability to manage multiple tasks/projects concurrently in a fast-paced working environment
- Must be able to work before and after normal work hours including overtime to meet project deadlines, travel may be required.
- InfoComm CTS required or, CTS-D, CTS-I preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, AutoCAD systems and software, and estimating software
- Ability to work and think independently and ensuring to meet deadlines
- Possess and maintain an excellent understanding of AV best practices. Benefits: Salary and bonus, PTO, medical, vision, 401(k) per diem for travel, mileage reimbursement, training allowances, manufacturer training, and employee mentorships.
Salary: Competitive Salary and Benefits based on experience