Senior FPGA Design Engineer
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
We are currently hiring for senior level FPGA Design engineering positions.
About the role:
Contribute to the specification, design, implementation and validation of FPGAs within highly reliable electronics
articipate in cross-functional teams and work with multiple engineering groups to outline and create FPGA designs and associated engineering documentation.
Design, implement and test new FPGA features while using robust methodologies defined as a part of the design process.
- Incorporate new features and enhancements of existing design based on specification and system requirements.
- Design and develop new protocols to ensure communication of new modules are covered utilizing existing design constraints.
- Development of new protocols over existing design interfaces and enhancement of existing designs to include new metrics to relay between modules.
- Ability to clearly document & communicate requirements and design details.
- Ensure the total design meets timing, not just features added.
- Document test plan and follow release processes.
- Validate design interfaces in the lab.
- 5+ years’ experience in electronic design, with hands-on experience in requirements specification, detailed design, design validation and qualification.
- Bachelors required, Masters preferred
- Expert in Altera/Intel CAR tools, Quartus (Prime) toolset, targeting Arria10 device,
- Expert in System Verilog for verification and VHDL for coding,
- Expert in taking Simulink design targeting the FPGA in VHDL meeting timing budgets and LUT/LEcount constraints,
- Strong competence of Quartus tooling for synthesis, build, timing analysis, and achieving timing resolution using Quartus tools for managing constraint (timing/placement etc.)
- Strong competence of QuestaSim 2020.2+ for simulating designs, at module level, chip level and interchip level,
- Expert in automated self checking test bench verification,
- Ability to create specifications, document the design by way of memory map, block diagrams, tables and text.
- Ability to work independently as well as communicate and work well within the FPGA team and other departments,
- Ability to understand system requirements to formulate FPGA requirements to document the design, implement, test, simulate, verify, and validate in the lab,
- Ability to write test plans and execute,
- Reverse engineer VHDL to block diagrammatic view for design reviews and documentation
If this fits your background and sounds interesting. Lets talk! Message me or apply today!
HireResourcesWhy Work Here?
HireResources is a national talent search Company specializing in helping companies of all sizes secure leading industry talent.
HireResources was established in 2002, and in 2015 we began a growth phase by restructuring our core business. Today, HireResources is a fast-growing Staffing & Recruitment platform headquartered in Connecticut.