- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Our Client is an industry leading Medical Device contract manufacturer producing the very best in precision engineered components. To succeed in today’s manufacturing industry- with its demands to serve customers in a truly global environment- they rely on three vital resources: the newest engineering technologies, quality systems, and most importantly highly-skilled people.
The Candidate will be solely responsible for surgical set accounting, coordination, configuration, and forecasting. Ensure that all operational aspects of the business are handled and controlled with minimal input from executive management. Evaluates, documents, and fulfills customer equipment requests. This individual also ensures each surgical set is returned and reprocessed in a timely manner. Coordinating surgical set movement according to scheduled surgical cases is a key responsibility of the Operations Manager – in particular, verifying all necessary equipment is onsite and properly configured to the surgeon preferences. Supervises logistics team, coaching, resolving issues and serving as a link between subordinates and upper management. This individual is also responsible for surgical set inventory management, along with quarterly audits of loaned and consigned equipment
RESPONSIBILITIES / ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Maintain the highest levels of cleanliness and organization of the inventory and shipping areas.
- All finished goods, implants, and instruments must be properly stored, labeled and uploaded into GSS with accurate counts of all locations in real – time basis.
- Manage the logistical aspects of product life cycles, including coordination or provisioning of samples, and the minimization of obsolescence.
- Ensuring that all surgical operations are fully equipped with necessary equipment to accommodate the scope of the surgical case(s) including surgeon preferences when possible.
- Maintain and develop positive business relationships with a customer's key personnel involved in or directly relevant to a logistics activity.
- Develop an understanding of customers' needs, and take actions to ensure that such needs are met to avoid back orders and disruption to customers.
- Assess and address customer complaints in a timely manner.
- 24/7 availability by phone mandatory to answer any set movement or “build” questions. 24/7 availability to address any in-surgery questions.
- Supervise and correct sales order entries and shipments.
- Daily and direct communication with customers and sales reps regarding any shortages and options and communicate same with Purchasing.
- Correct any scrub discrepancies with sales reps, hospital purchasing, and sterile processing department managers.
- Improve inventory management processes.
- Stay informed of logistics technology advances, and applying appropriate technology in order to improve logistics processes.
- Must understand GSS transactions fully.
- Coordinate with other departments to develop and improve current SOP’s to increase efficiency and organize workflow.
- Ensure 100% of loaned material is audited upon return and resolve any discrepancy with customers.
- Responsible for field set return decontamination.
- Liaise with distributors, and hospital staff on any pertinent issues.
- Case support requirements including set drop off and check in.
- Ability to travel daily up to 3 hours radius to deliver equipment to medical facilities as needed.
- Some use of personal car may be required.
- Ship same day when order received by 6pm.
- Responsible for incoming inventory final cleaning. Report customer complaints received to QA.
- Deliver sales order and scrub to accounting daily
- Set audits completed on a 4 month rotation.
- This position will be responsible for mentoring and supervising all staff members of the operations team. (Position reports to CEO and has 6 direct reports (logistics and Ops)
- Five (5) + years of work experience in a medical manufacturing/sales environment with at least two (2) years in purchasing or a Bachelor’s degree in business administration or biology with a focus in project management and at least 2 years of related work experience.
- Must possess excellent customer service skills and attention to project detail.
- Knowledge of MS Office and Project Management software is required.
- Familiar with inventory management best practices.
- Proficiency with ERP/MRP functions (i.e. Global Shop).
- Open minded attitude toward performing a variety of tasks to assist with the day-to-day functionality of the company
This is an 100% onsite role only. Relocation Provided.
Our focus is on finding the right match for both our clients and the candidates that we serve.
HireResourcesWhy Work Here?
HireResources is a national talent search Company specializing in helping companies of all sizes secure leading industry talent.
HireResources was established in 2002, and in 2015 we began a growth phase by restructuring our core business. Today, HireResources is a fast-growing Staffing & Recruitment platform headquartered in Connecticut.
AddressWest Chester, PA