IT Lab Analyst II
This hospital system is a private not-for-profit hospital and one of the most comprehensive medical facilities in West Central Florida serving a dozen counties with a population in excess of 4 million. As one of the largest hospitals in Florida, licensed for 1,007 beds, and with more than 8,000 employees, is one of the region’s largest employers.
The Lab Information System Analyst serves as the application specialist to ensure that Laboratory Information Systems (LIS) function as intended. This position is responsible for the overall design, implementation, training, documentation, operation and support of assigned LIS application+ns, databases, interfaces and reports as well as maintaining connectivity to all of the outreach physician offices and lab outpatient draw stations. Laboratory Information Technology Application Analyst supporting Sunquest, Data Innovations, and Copath systems. Interoperability between Sunquest and other systems.
- Minimum educational requirement: Highschool Diploma or GED. Preferred education: Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Laboratory Science, or another related technical field.
- Advanced understanding of Sunquest LIS system
- Advanced understanding of interfacing between LIS and other systems.
- Ability to work independently and collaborate across multiple teams.
- Ability to develop, document and ensure adherence to technical standards.
- Ability to independently research and perform analysis to resolve complex issues.
- Ability to understand customer business strategy and requirements to balance technical capabilities and provide the best outcome.
- Self-motivation and detail orientation to manage assignments independently in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities.
- Professionalism and ability to react to customers appropriately. Strong customer service skills including recognition of priority and urgency.
Additional highly desirable skills:
- Experience with Epic as an experienced user or analyst
- Familiarity with HL7 concepts and communication between IT systems.
- Healthcare IT experience in acute care, laboratory or ambulatory care setting.
- Basic understanding of physician office operations, clinical workflows and terminology
- Advanced understanding of Data Innovations Instrument Manager
- Advanced understanding of Sunquest – Copath
- Familiarity with UNIX, Linux, and Windows operating systems.
- Advanced understanding of computer hardware and architecture.
- Basic understanding of programming concepts any of the following Visual Basic, Java, Python, C++
- Advanced understanding of report writing using crystal reports.
- Familiarity with Laboratory instrumentation
- Experience with a robotic line.
- Advanced understanding of the Sunquest SMART design.
- Experience with Sunquest Clinical Collect or Collection Manager.
- Experience with label printer and scanner hardware.
- Advanced understanding of instrument interfaces.
- Experience with reference lab interfaces, ex. Labcorp/Quest