Supervisor of Chemicals & Compounding - Bedding Products Latex & Foam
HireResources a Tailored Solutions Company (WO) Hartford, CT
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Potion Title: Supervisor of Chemicals and Compounding
Reports To: Director of Operations
The Supervisor, Chemicals and Compound is at the forefront of the future of the company. This position directs and coordinates activities from a research and development standpoint, constantly measuring results, analyzing data and troubleshooting problems while continually trying to find ways to improve quality.
- The Supervisor, Chemicals and Compounding would manage the Compound team.
- You will oversee the production of compound and ensure that the product is made according to Company standards.
- You will have the responsibility for the overall operation of the compounding department to ensure timely delivery of accurate.
- You will produce high-quality product batches to the production department as well as maximum department cleanliness, environmental compliance, safety, and efficiency.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervise the Compound Team.
- Oversee the production of compound to ensure that the product is made correctly and according to standards
- Leads R&D formulation and research projects
- Maintains and develops all formulations
- Performs daily quality tests on both equipment and latex foam
- Gather and analyze data for R&D purposes
- Tests competitive samples and provide summary reports
- Work with 3rd party labs and suppliers
- Maintains and renews all latex foam certifications
- Contributes to the execution of experiments, draws conclusions, and makes recommendations
- Support product development, prototype development and product optimization
- Provide technical support to manufacturing and sales/marketing
- Ensure processes are in place to maximize department efficiencies to ensure that product batches are delivered on time and in the most cost efficient and compliant manner
- Verify all incoming deliveries and their paperwork according to the compound standards
- Manages chemical inventory and works closely with purchasing and suppliers for timely deliveries
- Manage departmental performance measures, including SQDIP boards and provide regular progress reports to manager
- Makes and records observations, performs calculations, collects and may assist in preparing data for evaluation.
- Operates personal computer, applies various software packages to input or retrieve data and information.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Chemistry or pharmaceutical Science
- 3 to 5 years of experience in a manufacturing environment
- Very strong production planning skills
- Strong leadership skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and computer skills
- Experience using Microsoft Office applications
- Strong aptitude toward driving programs to completion in a timely manner
HireResources was established in 2002, in 2015 we began a growth phase by restructuring our core business, today, HireResources is a fast-growing Staffing & Recruitment platform headquartered in Connecticut. HireResources is an open source staffing and recruiting model giving flexibility and support to top executive recruiters across the country. HireResources recruiters are thoroughly vetted and are proven professionals in the recruiting industry.
HireResources a Tailored Solutions Company (WO)Why Work Here?
Grow, Develop and Accelerate Your Career!
HireResources recruiters are not generalists; they are specialists in their industries providing quick access to industry top talent in select industry sectors. We speak your language and understand the factors critical to your business. Each HireResources Sector Team has a specialized target recruitment function. In fact, if we do not have expertise in your industry, we will let you know this upfront. HireResources was established in 2002, in 2015 we began a growth phase by restructuring our core business, today, HireResources is a fast-growing Staffing & Recruitment platform headquartered in Connecticut. HireResources is an open source staffing and recruiting model giving flexibility and support to top executive recruiters across the country. HireResources recruiters are thoroughly vetted and are proven professionals in the recruiting industry.
83 BRIDGE ST SHELTONHartford, CT