Our Client recently celebrated its 170th anniversary! The company supplies high value, niche products and services that deliver superior and sustainable value to Customers. Our Client is dedicated to providing the Aerospace and Defense Industry with leading Engineered Products, Electronic & Structural Manufacturing and Assembly Services as well as aftermarket support.
Come and join a long-standing, stable company that excels at delivering excellence to our customers in the Aerospace and Defense Industry. We are seeking an experienced, Hands-on Operations and Production Manager to provide Leadership, Supervision, Coordination, and Direction for Operations to ensure conformance to quality standards, delivery targets and financial goals.
Position Strategic Operations & Production Manager – Electronics Manufacturing
Location: Appleton, Wisconsin – Relocation assistance is offered.
Salary: Commensurate with experience. Aggressive Base + Benefits
Manage 300+ Employees, and 7 Direct Reports
Duties and Responsibilities:
- You will provide leadership, coordination, and direction for all production operations and facility maintenance to meet the budget.
- You will facilitate the establishment and implementation of continuous improvement, lean manufacturing cycle-time reduction concepts, and plans.
- You will oversee the management of inventory levels, manufacturing costs, and on-time delivery to customers.
- You will promote the concept of individual responsibility for product quality.
- You will provide leadership and management for facility maintenance for safety and regulatory compliance (OSHA, EPA, etc.).
- You will prepare an annual departmental budget, including sales bookings, shipments, and responsible for performance to plan.
- You will manage performance to key performance indicator goals - on-time delivery, cycle time, overhead efficiency, and productivity per employee.
- You will complete weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports to management.
- You will manage the expansion of facilities and the acquisition and installation of capital equipment.
- You will provide leadership for and development of direct reports – establishing priorities, accountabilities, and allocating resources; guiding achievement of performance measures.
- You will take ownership of the plant layout for all production areas.
- You will participate in recruiting, selection and development of all operations personnel through maintaining discipline and personnel relations, interviewing screened applicants.
- You will provide input for hiring, terminations, transfers, salary adjustments, and promotions.
- You will adhere to the General Requirements of Team Members.
- You will be responsible for the proper handling and management of hazardous waste generated in their work area.
Education, Skills & Qualifications:
Bachelor's degree in Electrical/Manufacturing Engineering, or related technical field.
- Must-Have 10+ Years of Proven Leadership Skills and Abilities.
- Must-Have hands-on Training experience.
- Must-Have 8 to 10 years establishing and implementing Continuous Improvement, Lean Manufacturing cycle-time reduction concepts, processes, and plans.
- Must have 8 to10 years experience showing progression in production management, Must Have 8 to 10 years of supervisory/management experience.
- Must have 8 to 10 years of experience and knowledge of electronics manufacturing operations, staffing, safety, and maintenance.
- Must have 8 to 10 years of experience and knowledge of SPC, TQM, Lean Manufacturing, ISO standards, IPC standards.
- Must have 8 to 10 years of project management experience—planning, budget, allocation of resources.
- Must have 8 to 10 years of Electronics Manufacturing experience, with lean/six sigma practices, (green belt is fine).
- Must have leadership and management for facility maintenance for safety and regulatory compliance (OSHA, EPA).
- Must have experience managing and supervising a min. of 150 to 250 employees.
- Must have experience preparing annual departmental budget, including sales bookings, shipments, and responsible for performance to plan.
- Must have experience managing performance to key performance indicator goals - on-time delivery, cycle time, overhead efficiency, and productivity per employee.
- Must have experience managing the expansions of facilities and the acquisition and installation of capital equipment.