Our Client, The Global Market Leader in the Semiconductor Lithography Equipment Industry, is looking for a Group Leader within the Mechanical Development Engineering group in the State of Connecticut.
The role will require managerial and technical leadership for up to a 25 to 30 team member group working on the concept, analysis, development, and delivery of intricate lithography components.
We are looking for someone with a strong technical background to be able to assume the leadership responsibilities while being a hands-on member providing support where needed. This is a very technical group where a complex engineering background and analytic thought are as important as inspiring leadership and people development.
Position: Manager - Mechanical Development Engineering Lithography Equipment
Location: Connecticut area - Full Relocation Assistance
Salary: Commensurate with experience
· Responsible for people management and career development activities including recruiting, onboarding, training, mentoring.
· Responsible for leading a group to perform conceptual design, analysis, and research of new products.
· Use complex engineering approaches and use advanced engineering tools such as solid modeling and FEA.
· Work with multiple engineering disciplines to ensure timely realization of competitive, serviceable semiconductor products.
· Exposure to multi-disciplinary projects, such as robotics, mechatronics, or optical systems.
· Responsible for resource management working with Project Leaders to anticipate program staffing and skillset needs.
· Lead continuous improvement projects to further improve the quality and efficiency of the organization.
Education and Experience Needed:
· BS Degree in Engineering – required.
· Master’s Degree in Engineering - preferred.
· Minimum 5 years in a technical leadership role.
· Minimum 5 to 10 years of Mechanical Engineering experience in a design and analysis intensive environment.
· Minimum of 5 years of experience developing lithography equipment and machines.
· Minimum of 5 years of experience designing the concept, analysis, development, and delivery of lithography components.
· Experience leading 20+ technical team members.
· Minimum of 5+ years of experience using advanced engineering tools such as solid modeling and FEA.
· Previous experience within the semiconductor industry or precision engineering field preferred.
· Experience and Exposure to multi-disciplinary projects, such as robotics, mechatronics, or optical systems.
· Must Be Willing to Relocate to the Connecticut area.
Soft Skills Needed:
· Possess strong leadership and ownership characteristics – demonstrated commitment to achieving results on time.
· Demonstrated “team player” with a quality orientation and interpersonal skills.
· Capability to interface with multidisciplinary groups (including senior leadership).
· Keep multiple simultaneous projects on schedule.
· Be willing to own the integrated systems performance, and support the entire product life-cycle.
· Strive to enable your team to deliver the right design solution for the right cost at the right time.
· Ability to inspire and coach individuals and groups to achieve career development and performance targets.
· Have strong written and oral communicative skills – ability to communicate effectively to your team.
· Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
· Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.