Software Engineer - Python and Cloud Exp AWS / GCP Remote/Hybrid Role
HireResources a Tailored Solutions Company (WO) Livermore, CA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
One of Our Valued Clients is an early-stage drug discovery startup located in South San Francisco. They are an Amazing Multidisciplinary Team that combines expertise in Biology, Medicine, and Machine Learning to develop Therapeutics that target the underlying cellular mechanisms of aging.
Position: Software Engineer - Python and Cloud Experience AWS / GCP
Location: San Francisco, California
Salary: Aggressive Base + Bonus + Equity
Hybrid Role: 3 days Home, 2 days in office
We are looking for a Software Engineer to help us build automation platforms and infrastructure that power our drug discovery projects. This is an ideal role for someone with strong engineering skills who is interested in learning more about biology, drug discovery, and medicine.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Work with the Data Science team to design, build, optimize, and maintain data processing pipelines.
· Build and maintain a database of biological images, assay readouts, and other data to enable rapid data retrieval and visualization.
· Develop and maintain core APIs for data analysis and visualization.
· Create tools, dashboards, and metrics to help lab operations keep track of the quality and timeliness of the data they generate.
· Flexible working location (onsite/remote); Ideally at least 25% onsite. (1 to 2 days each week)
Education and Experience Needed:
- Bachelors Degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or related 4-year degree.
- 3 to 5 years of software engineering industry experience.
- High fluency with the Python data stack (numpy, pandas, sklearn, etc).
- Demonstrated ability to write high-quality, production-ready code.
- Experience automating deployments, logging, collecting metrics, and monitoring jobs.
- Database experience, including schema design and population.
- Strong desire to work collaboratively in and across teams.
- Ability to communicate with technical and non-technical stakeholders.
Highly Desired Experience:
- Cloud computing services (AWS or GCP).
- PyTorch, Tensorflow.
- Scalable machine learning, including the application to large datasets (100TB+)
- Biological data (sequence, proteomics, images, etc.).
What Our Client can offer you:
- Will offer a competitive salary, stock options, and a benefits package based on relevant qualifications.
- Opportunity to have a high-impact role working with and learning from expert data scientists, computational biologists, cell biologists, and physicians.
Onsite Facility: Completely renovated and state-of-the-art laboratory and office facilities with stocked kitchen in South San Francisco. Proof of vaccination required for onsite work per building policy.
HireResources was established in 2002, in 2015 we began a growth phase by restructuring our core business, today, HireResources is a fast-growing Staffing & Recruitment platform headquartered in Connecticut. HireResources is an open source staffing and recruiting model giving flexibility and support to top executive recruiters across the country. HireResources recruiters are thoroughly vetted and are proven professionals in the recruiting industry.
HireResources a Tailored Solutions Company (WO)
HireResources recruiters are not generalists; they are specialists in their industries providing quick access to industry top talent in select industry sectors. We speak your language and understand the factors critical to your business. Each HireResources Sector Team has a specialized target recruitment function. In fact, if we do not have expertise in your industry, we will let you know this upfront. HireResources was established in 2002, in 2015 we began a growth phase by restructuring our core business, today, HireResources is a fast-growing Staffing & Recruitment platform headquartered in Connecticut. HireResources is an open source staffing and recruiting model giving flexibility and support to top executive recruiters across the country. HireResources recruiters are thoroughly vetted and are proven professionals in the recruiting industry.
1 Dr Carlton B Goodlett PlLivermore, CA