Shipping & Receiving Clerk / Fork Lift Operator
HireResources a Tailored Solutions Company (WO) Flemington, NJ
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Shipping & Receiving Clerk & Fork Lift Operator
Temp to Perm
The Company, a Flemington, New Jersey based electronics manufacturer and a recipient of the 2020 NJ Top Workplaces and 2021 Great Places to Work™ awards, is seeking a Shipping & Receiving Clerk / Fork Lift Operator to join its dedicated world class manufacturing team. The Company designs and manufactures a broad range of high-power DC power products for markets such as electric vehicles, particle accelerators, solar, and national defense. Given the complex nature of the products, there will be significant hands-on training and interaction with various The Company teams. The Shipping & Receiving Clerk will be responsible for assisting with the management of shipping and receiving of finished goods, manufacturing materials and purchased items entering and leaving the facility, along with forklift and box van operation.
Four Day (10 Hours/Day) Work Weeks with potential Overtim
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED and at least 1-3 years related experience and/or training
- Experience with computerized inventory, ERP/MRP systems
- Valid NJ Drivers License
- Ability to operate a forklift and box van
- Basic understanding of inventory control procedures
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to adapt to and work within a team environment
- Must be detail oriented with the ability to follow instructions.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Receives goods and verifies the quality and count of all items unloaded from trucks and trailers; checks against suppliers count and immediately reports discrepancies to the Logistics Manager, purchasing, and carriers according to company procedures.
- Inspects incoming items and reports quality issues, over-shipments, or substitutions to the Logistics Manager.
- Counts incoming items and enters them into company's ERP system.
- Complies with FIFO (first in/first out) inventory method and rotates old stock during storage of incoming inventory.
- Verifies and records all items loaded for shipments.
- Carefully and accurately maintains shipping records for requested categories including goods returned, dunnage, and returnable pallets.
- Maintains shipment data in the company’s ERP system to ensure that customer orders are updated and that appropriate billing documents are provided to accounting or other associated departments as required.
- Prepares documents required for international shipments, such as bill of lading (BoL), country of origin (CoO), commercial invoice (CI), shipper’s letter of instructions (SLI), NAFTA and other related documents.
- Completes information on damage claims for in-transit damage.
- Transports materials on loading dock and around the factory floor with a hand truck or forklift as needed.
- Coordinates pickups and deliveries with shipping companies.
- Prepares and packages products for domestic and international shipping.
- Coordinates loading and unloading of materials from trucks or trailers on the loading dock.
- Sets up new racking and other material handling systems.
- Stores materials for shipping/receiving in assigned locations.
- Assists with general warehouse duties as directed by the Logistics Manager.
- Understands the various parts and materials used
- Operates Company Box Van as needed to deliver and/or pick up parts.
- Maintains the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition.
In addition to competitive compensation, The Company offers a comprehensive benefits package, which includes:
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Life insurance
- Supplemental insurance
- 401k plan with company match
- Accrued paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
Career Growth Opportunities
Excellent growth opportunities are available for individuals who are willing to learn and develop. The Company values diversity in the workplace. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Should you require accommodations due to a disability at any time during the hiring and/or assessment process, we will make all reasonable efforts to accommodate your request.
The Company is considered an Essential Manufacturer and we are taking all necessary precautions to combat the virus and its transmission at work. We have, and will continue to consistently do the following:
- Provide/wear a facial mask on a daily basis
- Conduct temperature checks on all employees each morning
- Provide hand sanitizer in multiple locations throughout the facility
- Practice social distancing with our workstations, cafeteria tables and whenever possible
- Sanitizing the common areas throughout the facility on a daily basis (3x/day for the cafeteria)
- Following CDC guidelines as they change and become available
HireResources was established in 2002, in 2015 we began a growth phase by restructuring our core business, today, HireResources is a fast-growing Staffing & Recruitment platform headquartered in Connecticut. HireResources is an open source staffing and recruiting model giving flexibility and support to top executive recruiters across the country. HireResources recruiters are thoroughly vetted and are proven professionals in the recruiting industry.
HireResources a Tailored Solutions Company (WO)Why Work Here?
Growing with Amazing Team Members!
HireResources recruiters are not generalists; they are specialists in their industries providing quick access to industry top talent in select industry sectors. We speak your language and understand the factors critical to your business. Each HireResources Sector Team has a specialized target recruitment function. In fact, if we do not have expertise in your industry, we will let you know this upfront. HireResources was established in 2002, in 2015 we began a growth phase by restructuring our core business, today, HireResources is a fast-growing Staffing & Recruitment platform headquartered in Connecticut. HireResources is an open source staffing and recruiting model giving flexibility and support to top executive recruiters across the country. HireResources recruiters are thoroughly vetted and are proven professionals in the recruiting industry.
Transportation and Storage