Senior Digital Design Engineer
HireResources a Tailored Solutions Company (WO) Henderson, NV
- Posted: over a month ago
- $100,000 to $120,000 Yearly
- Benefits: medical, vision, dental, life insurance,
Senior Digital Design Engineer
RELOCATION ASSISTANCE AVAILABLE
We are seeking a Senior Digital Design Engineer. In this role you will design new digital hardware products and creates the circuitry that is necessary for the products to function. The Digital Design Engineer will test and verify circuitry such as mixed signal circuitry. The Engineer will also continuously evaluate existing digital products in order to determine if changes or updates need to be made. The Digital Design Engineer may work with consumers to determine their wants and needs for new products. The Engineer may also test the products directly with end users to determine problems with the products.
* Work with board designer to determine optimal pin-out of FPGA/CPLD parts during schematic design.
* Prototype FPGA/CPLD interface logic
* Develop RTL reference designs and/or final implementations using cutting edge XILINX, ALTERA, and LATTICE parts.
* Document designs and register specifications.
* Debug/troubleshoot designs in the lab on new board designs
* Develop (or be able to work closely with a software engineer who will develop) device drivers and diagnostic applications to drive the FPGA/CPLD design.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
* REQUIRES BSEE/BSCS
* 7+ YEARS’ EXPERIENCE IN DIGITAL DESIGN
* Knowledge and in depth understanding of the VHDL language is required.
* Prior experience with high performance FPGA interface design and optimization techniques.
* Understanding of how to interface FPGA/CPLD designs to external CPUs/software is required.
* Programmable logic design experience with VHDL, XILINX AND ALTERA FPGAS
* Experience with high-speed Serdes interfacing of FPGAs using off-the-shelf IP is a plus (PCIE, XAUI, 1000BASE-X/SGMII, ETC.)
* Hands-on experience testing and debugging systems implemented with single board computers, complex microcontroller, or digital signal processing systems.
* C/C++ programming experience, and understanding of the software lifecycle, and strong structured coding practices.
* Ability to carry out detailed written and oral instructions
* Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering/Computer Science with PCI Express, Video, Image Processing, and DDR technologies is a plus.
* TECHNICAL CAPACITY
* HIGH ETHICAL CONDUCT AND CONFIDENTIALITY
* ORGANIZATIONAL SKILLS
* COMMUNICATION PROFICIENCY: ORAL AND WRITTEN
* INDEPENDENT JUDGEMENT
* ABILITY TO WORK INDEPENDENTLY
* ABILITY TO MULTITASK WHILE PRODUCING QUALITY OUTPUT
* PRESENTATION SKILLS
* TEAMWORK ORIENTATION
* PROJECT MANAGEMENT
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
* Sitting and standing for long hours.
* Ability to move around the facility, climbing stairs as necessary, bends down and reaches up.
* Frequently communicates with others. Must be able to exchange accurate information verbally and in writing.
* Constantly operates a computer and other standard office equipment such as phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and FAX machines.
* Ability to handle and lift objects weighing up to 25 lbs. Alone; ability to lift objects weighing up to 50 lbs in a two person lift.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate management’s assignment of essential functions and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
We provide equal employment opportunities (EE)) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, socio-economic status, amnesty, status as a covered veteran and any other class protected by applicable federal, state, and local laws.
If this is the perfect role for you, then contact me today and let’s set up a call! I look forward to hearing from you.
HireResources was established in 2002, in 2015 we began a growth phase by restructuring our core business, today, HireResources is a fast-growing Staffing & Recruitment platform headquartered in Connecticut. HireResources is an open source staffing and recruiting model giving flexibility and support to top executive recruiters across the country. HireResources recruiters are thoroughly vetted and are proven professionals in the recruiting industry.
HireResources a Tailored Solutions Company (WO)Why Work Here?
Growing with Amazing Team Members!
HireResources recruiters are not generalists; they are specialists in their industries providing quick access to industry top talent in select industry sectors. We speak your language and understand the factors critical to your business. Each HireResources Sector Team has a specialized target recruitment function. In fact, if we do not have expertise in your industry, we will let you know this upfront. HireResources was established in 2002, in 2015 we began a growth phase by restructuring our core business, today, HireResources is a fast-growing Staffing & Recruitment platform headquartered in Connecticut. HireResources is an open source staffing and recruiting model giving flexibility and support to top executive recruiters across the country. HireResources recruiters are thoroughly vetted and are proven professionals in the recruiting industry.