Job Title – RF/Analog Electrical Engineer
Job Location – Rochester, NY
Salary Range - up to $110,000 (Depending Upon Experience)
Full Relocation Assistance is Available!
Education: BS or MS in Electrical Engineering
Aerospace Experience is a MUST! No Exceptions!!
Client is a leading technology innovator, solving customers’ toughest mission-critical challenges by providing solutions that connect, inform and protect. Client supports government and commercial customers in more than 100 countries and has approximately $6 billion in annual revenue. The company is organized into three business segments: Communication Systems, Space and Intelligence Systems and Electronic Systems
- Performs significant engineering RF/Analog design tasks, detailed experimental testing, operational test and fault isolation on radio systems and equipment. Evaluates results to assist in development and problem resolution.
- Responsible for designing, developing, modifying and evaluating electronic parts, components or circuitry for RF/Analog hardware systems. Determines design approaches and parameters.
- Analyzes electrical requirements to determine feasibility of design within time and cost constraints. Determines selection of components and equipment based on analysis of specifications and reliability.
- Performs electrical and/or mechanical troubleshooting to determine cause of problems in radio equipment.
- Uses test and diagnostic equipment to evaluate radio equipment performance.
- Documents designs and test results. Provides detailed test reports.
- Updates and maintains Engineering documentation.
- Provides support for tactical handheld and manpack radios, power amplifiers and accessories in a manufacturing environment.
- Diagnose, troubleshoot, and resolve highly complex technical issues with radio products experienced by customers.
- Develops new design concepts, techniques, and standards.
- Guides highly complex and advanced projects to completion.
- Provides mentoring of lower level engineers
- Provides technical presentations on projects (Design Reviews, etc.)
- Provides estimates on development costs.
- 7+ years of experience with MS (Masters) or 9+ years of experience with BS in (Electrical Engineering, or a related field) with RF/Analog design focus
- 9+ years of experience in RF and analog circuit design
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Well organized, detail oriented, and adaptable
- Must be able to work in cross-functional team environment of varying disciplines.
- Strong working knowledge of digital design.
- Advanced knowledge of radios and communication systems.
- Knowledge of firmware and embedded software.
- Proficient in the use of test equipment (Spectrum Analyzer, Oscilloscope).
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Applications.
- Proficient in the use of Design simulation tools (e.g. Keysight ADS, Ansys HFSS, Keysight EMPro, Keysight Genesys)
- LabVIEW programming a plus.