Our client y is one of the longest lasting innovators of Power Quality and Voltage Control technologies in the world and they are looking for a Electro-Mechanical Quality Assurance Manager to provide management and direction for the assurance of the quality of all company products
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
i1. Maintain compliance with the company’s quality system to the latest ISO-9001 standards and serve as the ISO-9001 Management Representative.
2. Manage the quality system. This includes, but is not limited to the following: a. Develop and implement quality procedures. b. Train employees in ISO-9001, team-oriented problem solving, continuous improvement methods, etc. c. Assist in the training of Internal Auditors. d. Review and update the quality manuals and procedures as required. e. Compile and analyze quality data. f. Conduct internal quality audits and reports results. g. Assure proper follow-up of Internal and Supplier Corrective Action Requests
3. Assist management team in establishing quality objectives tied to business plan objectives.
4. Supervise Receiving Inspector. Develop receiving inspection plans.
5. Serve as Chairman of the Material Review Board. Coordinate the disposition of rejected material from internal and external sources. Serve as the Vendor Liaison with regard to quality issues.
6. Serve as the Customer Liaison on customer issues reported by the Customer Service Department.
7. Coordinate manufacturing inspection and test points to control in-process quality.
8. Review customer returns with Engineering and Manufacturing to determine compliance to set requirements and to determine quality costs. 9. Compile and issue monthly quality reports. Conduct yearly quality management system reviews. 10. Coordinate lean manufacturing activities such as Kaizen events, Kanban systems, 5-S activities, etc. as necessary.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree in business or engineering, with at least 5 years’ experience in Quality Management; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Experience in Electro-mechanical assembly and electronic component procurement, inspection, and test. Quality Auditing, Lean Manufacturing, and Six-Sigma certifications desired.