Principal Electrical Engineer Analog Circuit Design High Voltage/Power
HireResources a Tailored Solutions Company (WO) Richmond, VA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Position: Principal Analog Electrical Engineer - High Powered
Location: Greater Boston area (Relocation assistance is offered)
Salary: Base is commensurate with experience + 15% Bonus
General Duties and Responsibilities:
- You will apply experience toward developing world-class medical products for X-ray based, image-guided surgery. Participates in the design, development and testing with an emphasis on high-power analog circuits (> 1kW).
- You must have extensive expertise with analog electronics design on a broad range of common electronic components and ICs, such as MOSFETs, capacitors, power switching ICs, op-amps.
- You will be familiar with both schematic and layout tools for PCB (Mentor Graphics PADS and DxDesigner preferred)
- Must have experience in SPICE tools for simulation
- Must have System-level design expertise with high voltages, functional architectures, and electronic packaging
- Extensive understanding of electronic design reliability and experience in effective methodology
- Propose new ideas for technology advancement within the Electrical group.
- Responsible for sub-system development within a large capital project.
- Develop requirements and specifications for sub-system components.
- Design and develop electro-mechanical products based on requirements.
Education and Experience:
- BS in Electrical Engineering
- MS Degree in Electrical Engineering, strongly desired.
- 15+ years of relevant Electrical Engineering experience.
- 10+ years of relevant Electrical Engineering experience with an advanced degree (MS or Ph.D.)
- Skilled with LabVIEW, MATLAB/Simulink, Hyperlynx, and HDL languages for CPLD and FPGA
- Experience and knowledge of x-ray systems
- Experience and knowledge of lead-acid and Lithium-ion batteries
- Experience and knowledge of robotics systems and motor controllers
- Experience and knowledge of PLM systems (Agile preferred)
- Extensive experience in the electrical design for reliability, manufacturability and safety compliance. Preferably in high-power analog electronics (>1kW) in an analog/digital mixed-signal environment
- Deep domain knowledge in analog electronics on the component level, and have a proven track record for analog circuit designs in mixed-signal capital electromechanical devices
- Extensive knowledge and experience in ground and isolation for safety and power/signal integrity purposes.
- Deep domain knowledge and extensive experience in component reliability analysis on subassemblies
- Extensive experience and strong track record of the product development process from concept to commercialization
- Extensive knowledge of international medical electrical safety standards (EN-60601-1)
- Extensive knowledge of electrical emission, immunity, and safety testing of medical devices
- Extensive knowledge in electrical manufacturing processes as they apply to the design process
HireResources was established in 2002, in 2015 we began a growth phase by restructuring our core business, today, HireResources is a fast-growing Staffing & Recruitment platform headquartered in Connecticut. HireResources is an open source staffing and recruiting model giving flexibility and support to top executive recruiters across the country. HireResources recruiters are thoroughly vetted and are proven professionals in the recruiting industry.
HireResources a Tailored Solutions Company (WO)Why Work Here?
Grow, Develop and Accelerate Your Career!
HireResources recruiters are not generalists; they are specialists in their industries providing quick access to industry top talent in select industry sectors. We speak your language and understand the factors critical to your business. Each HireResources Sector Team has a specialized target recruitment function. In fact, if we do not have expertise in your industry, we will let you know this upfront. HireResources was established in 2002, in 2015 we began a growth phase by restructuring our core business, today, HireResources is a fast-growing Staffing & Recruitment platform headquartered in Connecticut. HireResources is an open source staffing and recruiting model giving flexibility and support to top executive recruiters across the country. HireResources recruiters are thoroughly vetted and are proven professionals in the recruiting industry.
1 City Hall Square #500Richmond, VA