Principal Digital Electrical Engineer - High-Power Analog Circuits
- Posted: over a month ago
- $100,000 to $150,000 Yearly
- Benefits: vision, 401k, dental, life insurance, medical,
Position: Principal Digital Electrical Engineer - High-Power Analog Circuits
Location: Greater Boston, Ma.
Salary: Commensurate with experience (Aggressive Base + 15% Bonus)
Our Client, The Leading Medical Device Organizations in The Country, is seeking a Highly Skilled Principal Digital Electrical Engineer to design, develop, and test High-Powered Analog/Digital Circuits.
- Participates in the design, development, and testing with an emphasis on high-power analog circuits (> 1kW).
- Experience, and technical expertise toward developing world-class medical products for X-ray-based, image-guided surgery.
- Deep understanding and proven track record of digital electronics design on both component and protocol levels, both on-board and in-system (e.g. CAN, Ethernet, RS485, I2C, SPI)
- Familiar with both schematic and layout tools for PCB (Mentor Graphics PADS and DxDesigner preferred)
- Responsible for sub-system development within a large capital project.
- Extensive experience in simulation and analysis for signal integrity (HyperLynx preferred)
- Design and develop electro-mechanical products based on requirements.
- Plan, design, review, and oversee the testing of devices according to international electrical emission, immunity, and safety standards. System-level design expertise with large voltage ranges, functional architectures, and electronic packaging
- Ability to simulate and predict RF system performance and experience in applications of microwave technology theories and off-the-shelf components.
- Develop requirements and specifications for sub-system components.·
- Fundamental understanding of computer hardware and operating systems
- Propose new ideas for technology advancement within the Electrical group.
- Provide information to senior management regarding the impact of new technology programs or new product lines acquisitions on the business.
- Facilitate make versus buy recommendations.
Education and Experience:
- B.S. or M.S. in Electrical Engineering
- Minimum of 7 to 10 years of the design, development, and testing of High-Powered Analog Circuits.
- Extensive experience in the electrical design for reliability, manufacturability, and regulatory compliance in an analog/digital mixed-signal environment
- Deep domain knowledge and proven track record in digital electronics on the component level including both discrete logic ICs, CPLD/FPGA, and microprocessors.
- Extensive knowledge and experience in maintaining signal integrity in terms of circuit design, board layout, cable management, and electronic packaging.
- Extensive knowledge about off-the-shelf components in sensing technologies such as radar, time-of-flight, ultrasound, and have practical experience in incorporating them in system-level designs.
- Extensive knowledge in computer architecture, and human-machine interface
- Extensive experience and strong track record of the product development process from concept to commercialization.
- Extensive knowledge of international medical electrical safety standards (EN-60601-1.
- Extensive knowledge of electrical emission, immunity, and safety testing of medical devices.
- Skilled with LabVIEW, MATLAB/Simulink, Hyperlynx, and HDL languages for CPLD and FPGA.
Travel requirement: 10-20%
Nice to Have
· Experience and knowledge of x-ray systems.
· Experience and knowledge of robotics systems and motor controllers.
· Experience and knowledge of PLM systems (Agile preferred).
· Knowledge in electrical manufacturing processes as they apply to the design process.
HireResources was established in 2002, in 2015 we began a growth phase by restructuring our core business, today, HireResources is a fast-growing Staffing & Recruitment platform headquartered in Connecticut. HireResources is an open source staffing and recruiting model giving flexibility and support to top executive recruiters across the country. HireResources recruiters are thoroughly vetted and are proven professionals in the recruiting industry.
HireResources a Tailored Solutions Company (WO)
HireResources recruiters are not generalists; they are specialists in their industries providing quick access to industry top talent in select industry sectors. We speak your language and understand the factors critical to your business. Each HireResources Sector Team has a specialized target recruitment function. In fact, if we do not have expertise in your industry, we will let you know this upfront. HireResources was established in 2002, in 2015 we began a growth phase by restructuring our core business, today, HireResources is a fast-growing Staffing & Recruitment platform headquartered in Connecticut. HireResources is an open source staffing and recruiting model giving flexibility and support to top executive recruiters across the country. HireResources recruiters are thoroughly vetted and are proven professionals in the recruiting industry.
1 City Hall Square #500Providence, RI