Our Client based just outside Portland, Maine, is a rapidly growing leader in Optical Design and Manufacturing Solutions for Global Medical Device Manufacturers. They cover areas such as endoscope test equipment, endoscopic imaging systems, robotic imaging systems, 3D, miniature imaging systems, and video coupling optics.
Position: Optical Product Systems Engineer – Project Engineer – Medical Device
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Location: Portland, ME area (Relocation Assistance)
Duties and Responsibilities:
- You will interact with customers to determine design requirements
- You will provide technical leadership and mentoring for the product development team
- You will work with the Program Manager to develop schedule, estimate labor, and identify risks.
- You will communicate technical concepts and status to a broad audience
- You will perform a systems-level analysis of design on a periodic basis
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Sciences
- Advanced Degree – MS. Ph.D. – Strongly desired.
- Must-Have 5 + years of Optical Engineering experience.
- Must-Have 5+ years in medical device, automotive, and/or aerospace industry.
- Must-Have 2 to 3 years in a Team Lead/Supervisory role.
- Must-Have a solid understanding of the product development process.
- Must-Have hands-on ability to assist and mentor team as needed
- Must-Have experience in Product Development relating to the requirements, prototyping, verification/validation and transfer to manufacturing
- Must-Have a solid understanding of mechanical, electrical and optical engineering
- Must-Have an understanding of design controls in a regulated environment
- Familiar with CAD software and MS project
- Understanding of design for manufacturing
- Basic understanding of imaging technology and optical systems