Lean Plant Production Manager - Millwork Woodwork Doors Floors
HireResources a Tailored Solutions Company (WO) Albany, GA
- Posted: over a month ago
- $75,000 to $85,000 Yearly
- Benefits: dental, life insurance, medical, vision
Position: Plant Production Manager – Millwork Woodwork Doors Floors
Location: Southwest, Georgia area (Relocation Assistance is Offered)
Salary: Commensurate with experience. Competitive Base Salary, + Bonus 15%
Reports to: Operations Manager
The Production Manager works with the Operations Manager to ensure a safe, healthy, and accident-free work environment. This position is responsible for aligning the production department with the organization's strategic and long-range goals and conducts organizational reviews to identify strengths, weaknesses, & opportunities to evaluate operational effectiveness. The manager must be a leader foremost with the ability to encourage and motivate others within the department to excel within their specific job functions.
The Production Manager will be responsible for all aspects of the department operation, including safety metrics, coordinating the operation of equipment, productivity/waste, quality, on-time delivery, and employee retention.
The Production Manager must have the ability to guide and direct each team member to keep all staff & equipment operating as safely and productively as possible. The Manager must foster a cohesive and team-focused atmosphere where each member of the team is unified throughout the production process.
Creating a team environment where everyone contributes is the essence of this position!
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Operations, Production Management, or Business Administration.
- Must have 5+ years of experience in a Manufacturing/Production environment.
- Must have 5+ years of experience in manufacturing/operations with previous management responsibilities of at least 30 or more team members and supervisors.
- Must have 5+ years of Administrative skills and experience to include planning, coordinating, team building, communication, organization, and time management.
- Experience in Lean/Six Sigma, 5s practices, methodologies, and philosophy.
- Strong leadership skills and passion to share your knowledge and coach your team.
- Strong knowledge of production processes in a lean manufacturing environment.
- Strong working knowledge of ERP systems (SAP) and reporting tools.
- Must be Proficient in Microsoft 365 including Excel, Word & Outlook, and the ability to teach, learn and instruct others on software applications.
- Must be Quality focused and Process Improvement experience.
- SharePoint Experience.
- Must have the experience, knowledge, and use of Metrics to set actions.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of the organization.
- Excellent communication and human relations skills and the ability to lead and motivate subordinates.
- Ability to develop leadership skills, including planning, implementing, monitoring, and reporting; problem-solving, decision making, and negotiating.
- Ability to define and analyze problems and develop timely and effective solutions, evaluating relevant facts to judge and form conclusions.
- Manufacturing/Mechanical knowledge/skills, a plus.
HireResources was established in 2002, in 2015 we began a growth phase by restructuring our core business, today, HireResources is a fast-growing Staffing & Recruitment platform headquartered in Connecticut. HireResources is an open source staffing and recruiting model giving flexibility and support to top executive recruiters across the country. HireResources recruiters are thoroughly vetted and are proven professionals in the recruiting industry.
HireResources a Tailored Solutions Company (WO)Why Work Here?
Grow, Develop and Accelerate Your Career!
HireResources recruiters are not generalists; they are specialists in their industries providing quick access to industry top talent in select industry sectors. We speak your language and understand the factors critical to your business. Each HireResources Sector Team has a specialized target recruitment function. In fact, if we do not have expertise in your industry, we will let you know this upfront. HireResources was established in 2002, in 2015 we began a growth phase by restructuring our core business, today, HireResources is a fast-growing Staffing & Recruitment platform headquartered in Connecticut. HireResources is an open source staffing and recruiting model giving flexibility and support to top executive recruiters across the country. HireResources recruiters are thoroughly vetted and are proven professionals in the recruiting industry.