Lean Plant Operations Manager
Our Client a Global Food Production organization is seeking a Lean Operations Plant Superintendent to oversee the Plant Operation in their Beef Processing facility, located in NJ/NY area.
This facility produces and processes beef into Retail Ready Packaging for major grocery chains throughout the Mid-west, and East Coast Regions. The position has 5 to 6 Supervisors reporting directly and 125+ employees. This amazing opportunity offers a very competitive salary, annual bonus, with excellent benefits.
Come and join one of The Largest Food Processors in The US, and Accelerate your Career Growth with a Global Leader in The Food Processing Industry.
Position: Lean Plant Operations Manager
Salary: Commensurate with experience - Aggressive Base Salary + Bonus + Benefits
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Direct supervision of production/warehouse staff; including 5 to 6 Production Supervisors, Warehouse Manager, and team members. (125+)
- Overall leadership and accountability for daily production run and next day prep and shipping/receiving.
- Identify and resolve issues to ensure production targets and quality standards are met or exceeded.
- Continually improve operations to best meet customer needs, reduce costs and improve production efficiency.
- Provide updates and problem solve on key issues in production delays, staff problems.
- Set daily/weekly production schedule in partnership with Leadership Team to meet deadlines.
- Monitor inventory and maintaining accurate production records.
- Ensure coordination between production, processing and warehouse team.
- Role model and drive execution of the plant’s established policies for Good Manufacturing Practices.
- HACCP, proper sanitation, employee safety procedures and Federal/State regulations.
- Ensure established process controls are followed and maintained to provide consistent, high-quality products.
- Oversee maintenance of production equipment and other equipment in the facility.
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve equipment issues.
- Ensure and maintain proper operation & sanitation of the overall facility.
- Control daily/weekly/quarterly cleaning schedules, determining and scheduling repairs, safety inspections.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Operations, Business, Supply Chain, Engineering, or related technical discipline
- Direct Production and Distribution experience.
- Line Responsibility in an operational environment.
- 7 to 10 years in an operational environment and/or warehouse environment.
- 7 to 10 years of food production and/or food packaging experience.
- 7 to 10 years of leadership experience in a warehousing or manufacturing experience.
- 5 to 8 years of food safety experience.
- 5 to 8 years of Continuous Improvement and Lean methodology experience
- SQF Certified. (Food Safety) a plus.
- Lean and Continuous Improvement experience.
- Strong Leadership experience to develop those you supervise.
- Must be a motivator, Coach and Team Player with the ability to grow and motivate team members.
- Encourage your team with positive reinforcement.
Our "Code of Ethics" is the foundation of this success.
Integrity - Work honestly, every day.
People - Develop and deliver diverse talent Customer
Focus - Anticipate priorities & exceed their expectations
Respect - Value all customers and collaborate with one another
Performance - Be accountable, manage risks and deliver a high level of quality.
HireResources a Tailored Solutions Company (WO)