One of Our Valued Clients that manufactures and develops lasers is seeking Highly-Skilled Engineers and Technicians to join their Amazing Manufacturing an Engineering Team in The Denver, Colorado area.
We are seeking a Laser Optics Application Engineer to join our engineering team and develop the next generation of laser engines for our high-power industrial laser systems. You will primarily perform a large variety of applications related to specific customer requests. The duties will extend from welding, to laser metal deposition and to any new process will address with its products. The engineer will be part of a dynamic team and work on cutting-edge laser technology for exciting applications.
Position: Laser Optics Application Engineer
Location: Denver, Co area – Relocation Assistance is available
Salary: Aggressive Base – Commensurate with experience
Reports to: Application Lab Manager
Summary of Poistion:: Denver, Colorado area
- You are responsible for performing, optimizing within a time frame discussed with your manager, documenting via a specific application report each and archiving every project. If required, you will be available to discuss results and next steps with customers and the sales engineer in charge.
- You must possess a unique blend of business and technical savvy, and the drive to make that vision a reality.
- You must enjoy spending time on process equipment to solve problems and find innovative solutions for customers.
- You must be able to communicate well with customers and all areas of the company and possess very good written skills.
- You will be involved in initial installation, training and service calls of the company products.
- You are a team player working closely with other Applications Engineers, Sales Engineers, Marketing and Production.
- Duties and Responsibilities:
- You will communicate and articulate customer requests and determine best approach to solve the application request.
- You will align the proposed plan with customer and work with and communicate with sales engineers.
- You will execute process with appropriate equipment in accordance to the agreed plan with customer and sales.
- You will design and create fixtures and setups, on as needed basis, to meet the need of customer request for processing samples.
- You will perform metallurgy studies as needed, including cross sectioning, sanding/polishing, etching, and imaging and new techniques developed.
- You will document logically and in detail application specific results following the plan and in accordance to the specific customers request.
- You will generate test report summarizing the application specific results including all relevant comments and suggestion in support of the application.
- Have the report reviewed by the Application Manager and the relevant Sale engineer prior to sending it to the customer
Skills and Experience:
- Must have 4-year Bachelor’s Degree in technical field.
- Must have experience with Laser, Optics, Optical and/or Opto-Mechanical, Electro-Mechanical solutions and products and process equipment.
- Experience with Industrial laser systems
- Minimum of 4 to 5 years product application development and/or product support
- Minimum of 2 years of field service experience
- Must have experience in welding and laser metal deposition
- Experience with 3D modeling
- Experienced and proven track record of material processing application development
- Experience working with machine shops to perform duties
- Experience utilizing machine shop tools and machines (drill press, mill,)
- Minimum of 4 to 5 years of experience to diagnose, and trouble-shoot mechanical electrical systems
- Experienced in technical writing and publications
- Must have advanced technical skills and abilities
- Experience with assisting sales and marketing team in assessing customer requests and orders.
- Experience perform metallurgy studies
- Must be able to design and create fixtures and setups
- Must have a service-oriented attitude towards customers
- Teamwork and detail oriented.
- Must display a sense of urgency, and a desire to close assigned tasks on time.
- Proven leadership and people skills.
- Ability to think “outside the box”.
- Excellent communication skills and customer care champion.
- Must be able to travel 30% of the time to customer sites for support.