Our Client, The Global Leader in The Semiconductor Industry, is seeking The Best, The Brightest and Most Creative Minds in Science and Technology to join their Amazing Transportation and Operations Team in The State of Arizona. Our Client develops and produces The Most Sophisticated, Complex, and Advanced - Machinery, Equipment, and Systems in the HI-TECH Industry. They continue to Drive and Propel Technology into the future with The Best Operations in The World. Are You Ready to Learn, Progress and Accelerate Your Career Growth? Come and join The Most Incredible Operations and Team in The Country.
With 8 Locations in The US, Our Client is seeking a Manager who can present innovative and outside of the box ideas that will allow for streamlined processes, growth, and management of a young team. The Team will grow as well, people management and mentorship are very important.
Locations are also in Europe and Asia.
The Opportunity will be in Chandler, Arizona.
Position: International Freight and Transportation Operations Manager
Location: Chandler, AZ.. (Full Relocation Assistance is provided)
Salary: Aggressive Base + Bonus + Excellent Benefits
The Freight Operations Manager is responsible for analyzing trends in the transportation infrastructure and formulating and implementing changes to improve the trends. Improvements may be related to process optimization, delivery performance management, quality, Transportation Management System (TMS) and cost. The Freight Operations Manager position will have 5 direct reports: 2 freight planners, 2 freight Analysts and 1 Freight Infrastructure Manager.
Description and Responsibilities
- Determine, implement and report on sustainable cost improvements in our transportation network.
- Ensure products are delivered on time to our customers against agreed SLA’s through regular communication and alignment between the shipping team, our 3PL’s and stakeholders.
- Get a profound understanding of the transportation network and the associated cost levels in the USA region.
Freight Supplier Management and Carrier Portfolio Management:
- Secure performance, quality, and cost.
- Secure process alignment with Freight Operations and Shipping teams.
- Source together with NPR Procurement the right parties for the business needs.
Carrier usage compliance;
- Provide data analytics to support the NPR procurement processes (RFQ’s).
- Prepare and validate the gap between the current Transport Management System (TMS) adherence and the desired levels.
- Determine and execute a plan to manage the gap towards those levels together with stakeholders.
- Connect to the project team to align on scope, plan, tracking and report on TMS adoption deliverables.
- Resistance to change: Transition from a manual way of operating to a system driven way of working.
- Be able to apply change management techniques to deal with change resistance.
- Deliver results under pressure: ensure people/teams are engaged in timely decision making in order to achieve your goals.
- Deal with other priorities from other departments.
Education and Experience
- 4-year Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain, Business, Operations, or related.
- 7 to 10 years in supply chain management, Freight/Transportation expertise.
- 7 to 10 years of experience and knowledge within the international air freight market, and specialized domestic USA transportation market.
- 7 to 10 years in a leading role/position within logistics.
- International experience with freight such as spare parts, capital equipment systems and non-systems
- 5+ years of experience and direct exposure to the rest of the areas within supply chain, warehousing, customs.
- Must have international experience within the Aerospace, Aviation, Medical Equipment, MRI’s, Semiconductor, Heavy Equipment or related industries. Business to Business industries, low volume, and high mix/value.
- Must have experience Managing/Supervising at least 5 to 10 Direct Reports
- Proven knowledge of the transportation market.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills, people management, and mentorship abilities.
- Experience rolling out systems to support the transportations operations.
- Experience in a large international company with direct exposure to processes development and implementation.
- Knowledge of TMS and ERP systems.
- Experience with MS Office advance knowledge.
- Experience with BI tools. (Business Intelligence)