Our Client is a Global Provider of Manufacturing and Engineering services, developing innovative electronic, engineered and structural solutions for complex applications in the Aerospace & Defense and Industrial Markets. Our full-service collaborative approach, broad capabilities and value-added services like new product introduction, supply chain strategies, and program management deliver value for our customers and innovative solutions for their complex electronic and structural needs.
Supply Chain Manager is a key function to drive standard S&OP (Sales, Operations, and Planning), supply chain strategies, cost-containment, and material and supplier performance across the company. Supply Chain Manager has direct organizational responsibility for all elements of the supply chain.
The individual is responsible for all aspects of the Supply Chain Management process, providing leadership and aligned organizational direction for the comprehensive supply chain function across strategic Business Units and Operations Centers.
Position: Global Supply Chain Manager – Aerospace & Defense Electronics Lean and S&OP
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Location: Northwest, Arkansas (Relocation Assistance is provided)
Supervise: 10 to 12 Team members
Reports to: Senior Supply Chain Manager
Supply Chain Strategy Management:
- Ensures processes for supply chain management results in the highest level of internal and external customer satisfaction.
- Investigates current supply chain trends and solutions and implements where appropriate.
Supplier and Material Management:
- Manages materials and services acquirement at the lowest total cost.
- Leads and participates in the selection, evaluation, and management of suppliers.
S&OP (Sales and Operations Planning):
- A key member of the S&OP process and meetings including program/production rundown reviews to communicate schedule status, needs, and concerns, mitigation planning and actions as required.
- Lead operational excellence to build and execute recurring S&OP standard work across strategic business units (SBU’s).
Master Scheduling and Production Control:
- Work with production control and master scheduling, S&OP leader and supply chain members to ensure end-to-end forward-looking supply chain process and execution, including demand, sales order entry, production planning, inventory management, and material preparation.
Inventory Management and Delivery Performance:
- Through materials management practices and sales & operations planning, manages key external and internal supply chain elements to achieve recurring improvement to days sales inventory level.
- Develops metrics for managing inventory costs, delivery times, service levels, and quality.
Logistics and Warehousing:
- Manage the logistics function of the incoming and outgoing of products and materials from suppliers/to customers and operations.
- Define logistics responsibilities, procedures, processes, and standards and ensure policy adherence.
New Product Support and Introduction:
- Key member of new product launch to support program management for flawless new program launch in terms of cost, delivery, and quality.
- Key member in continuous improvement for NPI (New Product Introduction) and product launch cycle.
- Ensure ITAR compliance and control through secured and coded correspondence and designated/approved communication portals.
- Generate cost, quality and timing targets for new component launches and define/execute the action plan in order to achieve target AOP (Annual Operating Plan).
- Manage capital tooling and expense budget for supply chain function.
- Initiates promote and drive lean methodologies across all processes and standard work.
- Focus on continuous improvement within the scope of responsibilities for developing, improving and implementing sound S&OP practices, material and process planning and flow to minimize lead time and inventory while achieving sales plan and customer service requirements.
Experience, Education and Certifications:
- Must have a 4-year Bachelor’s Degree, in Business, Supply Chain, or other related 4-year degree.
- MBA is strongly preferred
- Must have 8 to 10 years supply chain or related experience.
- Must have 8 to 10 years in a leadership role.
- Must have 8 to 10 years in Commodity Management and/or Supplier Development experience
- Must have 3 to 5 years of ERP system experience.
- Must have 3 to 5 years of S&OP processes experience.
- Must have experience supervising, mentoring and leading 8 to 12 team members.
- Must have experience in continuous improvement for NPI (New Product Introduction) and product launch cycle.
- Must have ISM or APICS certification.
- Must have CPM, CSM or CPSM certification.
- Must have experience managing direct and indirect engagement with suppliers
- Must have Aerospace & Defense, Aviation or Electronic Components manufacturing experience.
- Must have demonstrated experience of team leadership in multiple functions such as Sales/Customer Service, Supply Chain, or Procurement).
- Must have advanced skills in Excel, PowerPoint, and Systems Database/Query Capability.
- Must have Knowledge/experience in material, inventory and production control processes.
- Must have the ability to apply Continuous Improvements and Lean Methodology and concepts into supply chain processes.
- Working Conditions are 80% office environment, 15% manufacturing environment; 5% outdoors.