Fork-Lift Operator Shipping & Receiving
HireResources a Tailored Solutions Company (WO) Stockton, NJ
- Posted: 23 days ago
- $18 to $20 Hourly (plus commission)
- Benefits: medical, vision, 401k, dental,
Our Client, a Flemington, New Jersey-based electronics manufacturer is seeking a Shipping & Receiving Clerk / Fork Lift Operator to join its dedicated world-class manufacturing team. The Company designs and manufactures a broad range of high-power DC power products for markets such as electric vehicles, particle accelerators, solar, and national defense. Given the complex nature of the products, there will be significant hands-on training and interaction with various The Company teams.
The Shipping & Receiving Clerk will be responsible for assisting with the management of shipping and receiving of finished goods, manufacturing materials and purchased items entering and leaving the facility, along with forklift and box van operation.
Four Day (10 Hours/Day) Work Weeks + Overtime!
Contract 4-months, Temp to Hire.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Receives goods and verifies the quality and count of all items unloaded from trucks and trailers; checks against suppliers count and immediately reports discrepancies to the Logistics Manager, purchasing, and carriers according to company procedures.
- Inspects incoming items and reports quality issues, over-shipments, or substitutions to the Logistics Manager.
- Counts incoming items and enters them into the company's ERP system.
- Complies with FIFO (first in/first out) inventory method and rotates old stock during storage of incoming inventory.
- Verifies and records all items loaded for shipments.
- Carefully and accurately maintains shipping records for requested categories including goods returned, dunnage, and returnable pallets.
- Maintains shipment data in the company’s ERP system to ensure that customer orders are updated and that appropriate billing documents are provided to accounting or other associated departments as required.
- Prepares documents required for international shipments, such as bill of lading (BoL), country of origin (CoO), commercial invoice (CI), shipper’s letter of instructions (SLI), NAFTA, and other related documents.
- Completes information on damage claims for in-transit damage.
- Transports materials on the loading dock and around the factory floor with a hand truck or forklift as needed.
- Coordinates pickups and deliveries with shipping companies.
- Prepares and packages products for domestic and international shipping.
- Coordinates the loading and unloading of materials from trucks or trailers on the loading dock.
- Sets up new racking and other material handling systems.
- Stores materials for shipping/receiving in assigned locations.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED.
- 1 to 3 years of Shipping and Receiving experience.
- Experience with computerized inventory, ERP/MRP systems
- Valid NJ Drivers License
- 2 years of experience operating a forklift and box van.
- Basic understanding of inventory control procedures
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to adapt to and work within a team environment
- Must be detail oriented with the ability to follow instructions.
HireResources was established in 2002, in 2015 we began a growth phase by restructuring our core business, today, HireResources is a fast-growing Staffing & Recruitment platform headquartered in Connecticut. HireResources is an open source staffing and recruiting model giving flexibility and support to top executive recruiters across the country. HireResources recruiters are thoroughly vetted and are proven professionals in the recruiting industry.
HireResources a Tailored Solutions Company (WO)Why Work Here?
Grow and Develop! Work with team of highly experienced, talented individuals who are passionate about Technology!
HireResources recruiters are not generalists; they are specialists in their industries providing quick access to industry top talent in select industry sectors. We speak your language and understand the factors critical to your business. Each HireResources Sector Team has a specialized target recruitment function. In fact, if we do not have expertise in your industry, we will let you know this upfront. HireResources was established in 2002, in 2015 we began a growth phase by restructuring our core business, today, HireResources is a fast-growing Staffing & Recruitment platform headquartered in Connecticut. HireResources is an open source staffing and recruiting model giving flexibility and support to top executive recruiters across the country. HireResources recruiters are thoroughly vetted and are proven professionals in the recruiting industry.
Transportation and Storage