Failure Analysis Engineer Materials Engineer SEM, AFM, WLI, TOF-SIMS
Our Client, The Global Leader in The Semiconductor Industry, is seeking The Best, The Brightest and Most Creative Minds in Science and Technology to join their Amazing Team. Our Client develops and produces The Most Sophisticated, Complex, and Advanced - Machinery, Equipment, and Systems in the HI-TECH Industry. They continue to Drive and Propel Technology into the future with The Best Engineers and Scientist in The World. Are You Ready to Learn, Progress and Accelerate Your Career Growth? Come and join The Most Incredible Engineering and Manufacturing Team in The Country. With 8 Locations in The US, Our Clients’ Engineers travel throughout the country, working on various assignments and projects, increasing their growth and development. Locations are also in Europe.
Position: Failure Analysis Engineer Materials Engineer
Location: State of Connecticut – Full Relocation Assistance
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Our Client is seeking an experienced Failure Analysis Engineer with expertise in Materials Science and surface chemistry. The Team is focused on building proto-typing and industrializing next-generation wafer clamping systems. The main job function is to perform material and chemical investigations and identify root causes using failure analysis tools like SEM, AFM, and others, to solve challenging engineering problems associated with achieving nanometer-scale precision.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- You will investigate material aspects and chemical composition using suitable material diagnostic tools like SEM, AFM, WLI, to perform appropriate analysis on R&D proto-types, components in manufacturing stages, and customer returns
- You will Set-up and operate failure analysis tools like SEM, AFM, WLI, TOF-SIMS
- You will eep failure analysis labs in good working conditions by adhering, enforcing and improving the Lab’s way of working and processes.
- You will adhere to safety procedures, ISO standards, and protocols
- You will perform periodic maintenance of failure analysis tools in ADC
- You will support ADC engineers with testing during feasibility and proto phases and root cause analysis during filed and factory
Education and Experience:
- Associate Degree in Material Sciences, chemistry - with 8 to 10 yrs of experience using at least two of the following tools.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Material Sciences, chemistry
- Must-Have 3 to 5 years of experience using at least two of the following tools: SEM, AFM, WLI & TOF-SIMS
- Good understanding and experience in material analysis tools and verification methods
(interferometer, microscope, (SEM, AFM, TOF-SIMS, XPS)
- Knowledge of material, mechanical and chemical properties of coatings and ceramic structure.
- Ability to work in the cleanroom environment knowledge in material and material interaction (especially glass, ceramics, thin-film materials, gases)
- General understanding of optics and ceramic manufacturing methods.
- Basic understanding of manufacturing process optimization;
- Experiencing using manufacturing equipment like coating, etching, machining, polishing - is a plus
- Knowledge of MATLAB and/or LabVIEW for data collection and analysis to drive solutions.