Our Client, The Global Leader in The Semiconductor Industry, is seeking The Best, The Brightest and Most Creative Minds in Science and Technology to join their Amazing Team in The State of Connecticut. Our Client develops and produces The Most Sophisticated, Complex, and Advanced - Machinery, Equipment, and Systems in the HI-TECH Industry. They continue to Drive and Propel Technology into the future with The Best Engineers and Scientist in The World. Are You Ready to Learn, Progress and Accelerate Your Career Growth? Come and join The Most Incredible Engineering and Manufacturing Team in The Country.
With 8 Locations in The US, Our Clients’ Engineers travel throughout The World, working on various assignments and projects. They are continuously enhancing their overall skills, growth, and development in the industry.
Position: Electro-Mechanical Packaging Engineer
Location: Connecticut Area. (Full Relocation Assistance is provided)
NOTE: The Position is in The Connecticut Facility, 1-Hour From New York, NY.
Salary: Commensurate with experience. Aggressive Base + Bonus + Excellent Benefits
The Electro-Mechanical Engineer - Electronics Packaging specialist, you will be responsible for developing portions of the Lithography Systems, Electro-Mechanical Systems and the associated tooling related to the electronics infrastructure.
- You will perform mechanical design and development associated with packaging electronic circuits including, assembly design, analysis, test, and manufacturing introduction support for both new and existing electronics design projects.
- You will understand and mitigate possible failure mechanisms associated with materials, interconnects, and environmental loads to develop a reliable design.
- You will communicate with a team of multi-disciplined engineers (Systems, Electrical, Mechanical, Manufacturing, New Product Logistics, and Product Information Management) for design and logistic release approval.
- You will investigate and edit product structures, generate CAD models, 2D/3D drawings and be responsible for the final technical data package.
- You will create, edit, review, and drive Engineering Changes to closure.
Education and Experience:
- BS Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electro-Mechanical, Industrial Engineering, or related.
- Electronics Packaging Experience
- 5+ years of Mechanical Design & Logistics.
- 5+ years in Mechanical Design mechanical and development associated with packaging electronic circuits including, assembly design, analysis, test.
- 5+ years of product introduction support for both new and existing electronics design projects.
- Packaging design experience (brackets, cabinets, racks, cables, enclosures, etc.).
- Understand and mitigate possible failure mechanisms associated with materials, interconnects, and environmental loads.
- Edit product structures, generate CAD models, 2D/3D drawings and be responsible for the final technical data package.
- Ability to design and document all aspects of the electrical infrastructure.
- AC, DC, Main power distribution (panel boards, boxes and cabinets).
- Interconnect cables, bundles and connectors (harnessing).
- Electronic racks, cabinets, control consoles.
- Interfacing with printed circuit board designs.
- Modeling of flex and rigid PWB’s including volumes and critical part locations.
- Experience designing electronic enclosure assemblies.
- Experience in sheet metal design.
- Experience designing for manufacturability (DFM) and developing assembly work instructions for low to medium volume products.
- Experience with 3D solid modeling for design conceptualization and realization (preferred experience using NX).
- Experience supporting design fit check during integration & testing of electrical and electronic systems at the module, sub-system & system level.
- Knowledgeable of industry codes and standards.
- Knowledge of FEA is a plus.
- Working knowledge of wiring diagrams and schematic diagrams.
- Working knowledge of design drafting best practices including geometric dimensioning:
- Perform dimensional and tolerance analysis as needed.
- Ability to write assembly, test procedures, test specifications and test reports.
- 3D CAD - NX preferred (currently using NX11), other 3D CAD programs acceptable.
- DMS - TeamCenter preferred (currently using TC10), other DMS programs acceptable.
- Master Data- SAP, other Master Data Management systems acceptable.
HireResources a Tailored Solutions Company (WO)