Director of Sales - Optics and Metrology
Our Client, a Leader in Precision Optics and Optical Manufacturing Industry, is seeking The Best, The Brightest and Most Creative Minds in Manufacturing and Technology to join their Amazing Team. Our Client develops and produces Complex, and Advanced – Metrology Equipment, Machinery and Systems in the Optics Industry. They continue to Drive and Propel Technology into the future with The Best Technicians, Engineers, and Scientists in The Country. Are You Ready to Learn, Progress and Accelerate Your Career Growth? Come and join The Most Incredible Optical Manufacturing Team in the State of Connecticut.
The Opportunity is Located in the State of Connecticut. Must be able to travel - up to 40 to 50%
Our Client, $4.5Billion Dollar Corporation is looking for an experienced and Goal-orientated Director of Sales (Optics/Metrology) to drive our growth across multiple markets in the Americas.
You will be responsible for strategic sales growth in North America, Canada, Mexico, and Latin America. You will create and execute strategy, develop growth plans and budgets, provide sales forecasts for operational and financial planning.
Position: Director of Sales – Optical Systems - Metrology
Location: Connecticut, area (Relocation Assistance is Provided)
Salary: 120K to 165K Base + Bonus
Reports to: VP of Sales and Marketing
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop a strategic plan to deliver strong growth across all regions and products that delivers consistent profitable growth
- Manage both direct and indirect sales channels to develop and execute localized tactical plans to deliver growth in excess of national GDP growth.
- Work closely with the Metrology and Optical Systems Divisions to develop sales strategies that deliver growth for all product lines
- Drive the direct sales team to build and manage their opportunity pipeline using CRM tools.
- Work with direct sales teams to create accurate forecasts to enable operational and financial planning
- Champion Key Account relationships within key markets including Optics, Aero, Defense and Automotive markets.
- Develop and coach best practices methods with the sales team to develop high goal achievements.
Sales and Marketing Experience:
- · Must have 4-year Bachelor’s Degree, BS in Engineering – Strongly desired
- · Must Have 7 to 10 years of experience in Senior Sales and Marketing role
- · Must have experience within the Optics, Aerospace, and Defense and automotive industry
- · Metrology experience within Auto, Optics, Bearings or Aerospace – Highly desired
- · International Sales Experience especially in Mexico and Latin America
- · Experience in developing and implementing a promotion/marketing plans
- · Strong ability to communicate to sales, engineering, operations and management teams on all levels
- · Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
- · Must be able to travel - up to 40 to 50%