Director of Business Development, Marketing & Strategic Planning - Medical Products
Business Unit: Commercial Team - North America
Industry: Health Care and Medical Products
Reports to: Vice President and General Manager.
Location: New York (Full Relocation Provided)
Responsible for increasing North America’s Corporate Brand annual sales and gross profit budgets on a country-by-country basis and collaborating closely with the Senior Management and Leadership team.
- Collaborate with North American senior sales, marketing, and merchandising leaders to define annual budgets consistent with strategic plan requirements and implement effective commercial plans to achieve annual sales and gross profit budgets.
- Leverage existing marketing platforms, developing targeted opportunities to convert non-strategic volume, defining sales programs to enhance the effectiveness of the sales team, monitoring performance, and implementing corrective actions.
- Launch new products to maximize impact and ensure treatment of all products consistent with brand positioning guidelines, including effective price and promotional activities.
Best Practices and Team Development:
Coordinate staff to define best practices and processes while developing team member's skills and knowledge to optimize their impact locally and preparing each member for additional responsibilities within the company.
Organizational Collaboration and Business Development:
- Collaborate with the leadership team to define requirements that optimize sales and sales growth and provide market feedback to the Product Development and Marketing teams.
- Align with country senior sales and marketing leaders, as well as other key NA leadership.
- Participate in various Brand committees to plan and coordinate activities on a regional and/or global basis.
- Participate in Business Development activities related to potential acquisitions and/or strategic relationships impacting results.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree – Master's Degree strongly desired.
- 10+ years of Global Management experience.
- 10 to 15 years of increasing responsibility and complexity in terms of any applicable professional Business Development, Sales, Marketing, and/or Operations experience.
- 10 to 15 years of management experience.
- 10 to 15 years of Healthcare, Dental, Pharma, or Medical experience.
- Outstanding management and leadership skills and ability to attract, retain, motivate, develop, mentor, and coach team members for high performance
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills and the ability to resolve disputes effectively
- Outstanding presentation and public speaking skills
- Expert independent decision making, analysis, and problem-solving skills.
- Understand, interpret, and act on financial information and external trends that contribute to business profitability
- Plan and manage complex and successful projects; understand available resources, develop a timeline, budget, and assign areas of responsibility
- Lead teams to achieve company goals and solve complex business issues in creative and effective ways.
- Expert planning and organizational skills and techniques.
- Communicate effectively with senior management and key stakeholders.
- Excellent negotiating skills and ability to effectively manage internal and external relationships Ability to influence, build relationships, understand organizational complexities, manage conflict, and navigate politics.
- Broad professional and managerial skills with a full understanding of industry practices and company policies and procedures
- Lead and develop virtual teams
- Expert in multiple technical and business skills
- Strategic Planning skills
- Knowledge of the Dental Market preferred, but not required at the start.
- Commercial team leadership expertise.
- Extensive knowledge of dentistry and dental products preferred by not required at the start.
- Strong Financial Acumen.
Travel typically up to 50%. Office environment. No special physical demands required.
HireResources a Tailored Solutions Company (WO)