Our Client, a Leader in Precision Optics and Optical Manufacturing Industry, is seeking The Best, The Brightest and Most Creative Minds in Manufacturing and Technology to join their Amazing Team. Our Client develops and produces Complex, and Advanced – Metrology Equipment, Machinery and Systems in the Optics Industry. They continue to Drive and Propel Technology into the future with The Best Technicians, Engineers, and Scientists in The Country. Are You Ready to Learn, Progress and Accelerate Your Career Growth? Come and join The Most Incredible Optical Manufacturing Team in California.
The Opportunity is Located in Richmond California.
- You will be working with CNC milling equipment to manufacture high precision glass components for our Global Leader in Precision Optical Manufacturing.
- You will work from written instructions and drawings, set up and execute jobs requiring precision and attention to detail.
- You will collaborate with the supervisor and planning group to meet on-time delivery schedules. Assist in continually improving procedures and methods with a mind toward efficiency.
Position: CNC Machinist – Set-up Haas and Siemens Controls
Location: Richmond, Ca. (Relocation Assistance is offered)
Salary: Commensurate with experience.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· You will operate CNC machines and non-CNC machines
· You will set-up and operation of 3,4 & 5-axis CNC vertical milling centers
· You will assemble diamond grinding tools in tool holders and positioning of tools in machine spindles and tools changers
· You will load, edit and store CNC programs
· You will write CNC programs to produce accurate and high-quality parts
· You will perform difficult and complex set-ups and operate machines on challenging assignments.
· You will handle and clean optical components
· You will provide guidance and training to lower-level personnel
· You will maintain a clean and orderly work environment by following cleaning schedules and inventory control
· You will perform maintenance and preventative maintenance on equipment and tooling
· You will work with engineering on developing testing methods for new products
Qualifications and Experience:
· Must have A.S. Degree in Machining Technologies or related 2-year degree
· Must have 5+ years of CNC Machining experience in a manufacturing environment
· Must have 5+ years with the set-up and operation of 3,4 & 5-axis CNC vertical mills
· Must have 5+ years of experience writing CNC programs from complex drawings
· Must have a thorough understanding of G-Code
Must have a solid knowledge of GD&T
· Must have experience with Haas and Siemens controls
· Must have the ability to read and interpret drawings
· Must have working knowledge of shop math
· Must have strong mechanical ability
· Must have the ability to execute complex set-ups requiring unique and non-routine methods
· Must be able to use hand measurement tools (calipers, micrometers)
· Must have experience with troubleshooting of processes
· Must have experience in writing procedures and shop instructions
· Must be a team player with good communication skills
· Must have strong computer skills including MS Word and Excel
· Experience with optics preferred but not required
· Fabrication of precision components out of glass and ceramic materials