Our Client is a global provider of innovative manufacturing solutions for customers in the Aerospace & Defense Industry. The Quality Manager will be a part of the Electronic Systems Branch that produces complex products and components for mission-critical military and space programs, and sophisticated industrial applications. Our Client builds wire harnesses for the Aerospace & Defense Industries which assist our Armed Forces in maintaining the safety of our Country.
Position: Aerospace Quality Manager - Aerospace & Defense Electronics, Printed Circuit Boards RFQ’s & RFP’s
Location: Tulsa, Oklahoma – Relocation Assistance available
Salary: Aggressive Base + Benefits + 401K
30 indirect reports and 4 direct reports.
Must Be Hands-On and willing to Roll up Your Sleeves! You will work with our growing Joplin, Mo. Leadership Team.
Our Client offers a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, vision, vacation time, stock purchase plans and 401k with company match.
You will supervise the receipt and initial analysis of customer Requests for Quotation (RFQ’s) and Requests for Pricing (RFP’s) as well as the coordination of efforts of material and labor estimators.
You will assist in the development of bid strategies, risk assessments, and price data requirements throughout the proposal preparation process.
· Perform initial analysis of RFQ’s and/or RFP’s from customers or potential customers
· Reviews and manages all CAPA packages.
· Reviews and negotiates all Terms and Conditions.
· Coordinate recommendation to Bid/No-Bid as a result of analysis and present recommendation to management
· Supervise the daily bid processes, coordinate the interaction and individual efforts of the Estimating Department
· Integrate proposal input from team members, proof-read and edit final documents for completeness, accuracy, and quality.
· Review all labor, material, and Non-Recurring Engineering (NRE) estimates; together with rate structures and budgets.
· Assist in establishing competitive guidelines and strategy determinations
· Coordinate communications between customers and internal staff during bid process
· Coordinate with bid groups of other Electronic Systems Group facilities where there is multi-plant participation
· Responsible for the proper handling and management of hazardous waste generated in their work area.
Education & Qualifications:
· Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering
· Must have 5 to 8 years in the Aerospace & Defense Industry or related Industry.
· Must have 5 to 8 years of Printed Circuit Board Manufacturing and Production experience.
· Must have 5 to 8 years of experience in estimating
· Must have 5 to 8 years of management/supervisory experience and be able to set up best practices
· Must have 5 to 8 years of experience with government contracting; FAR and DFARs.
· Must have 5 to 8 years of experience in the development of bid strategies, risk assessments, and price data requirements.
· Must have 5 to 8 years of experience to perform analysis of RFQ’s and/or RFP’s from customers/potential customers.
· Must have 5 to 8 years of managing CAPA packages.
· Must have 5 to 8 years of experience managing 20 to 30 indirect reports and 2 to 4 direct reports.
· Experience reviewing all labor, material, and Non-Recurring Engineering (NRE) estimates.
· Lean / Six Sigma experience.
· Quality Management Systems experience and auditing experience.
· AS9100 background.
· AS400 experience
· Proficient with the bid process per applicable policies and procedures
· Intermediate ERP, Quote Win, and Microsoft Office skills, e-mail, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access skills.
· Excellent technical documentation skills, written, and verbal skills.
· Demonstrated project management experience—planning, budget, allocation of resources
· Negotiation and conflict management skills together with demonstrated experience in troubleshooting and problem-solving
· Ability to supervise employees, provide mentoring and resolve issues
· Exceptional organization skills are required with an emphasis on attention to details
· Abilities listed in the General Requirements of Team Members
HireResources a Tailored Solutions Company (WO)