One of Our Valued Clients, Founded in 2012 is the global leader for independent metal Additive Manufacturing (AM) in support of critical industries, including Aerospace & Defense, Oil & Natural Gas, Automotive, and Ground Power Generation. We are seeking a Highly-Skilled Six-Sigma Quality Engineer to join their Amazing Manufacturing team in the South Florida area.
Our Client is AS9100 Certified and committed to parameter optimization and quality serial production of metal parts that meet or exceed the exacting standards of these industries.
Position: Aerospace Quality Engineer – Six-Sigma, APQP AM, CMM experience
Location: South Florida, area (Relocation Assistance Offered)
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Report to: Quality Manager
Duties and Responsibilities:
- You will provide quality input for the development, manufacture, procurement, and acceptance of a variety of products related to metal AM products produced within an aerospace additive manufacturing environment
- You will develop methods and writes detailed instructions for inspection processes
- You will align process documentation with process capabilities
- You will analyze and implement customer requirements into existing systems and processes
- You will coordinate the design and calibration of product acceptance equipment and the ordering of testers, gages, and equipment to support product acceptance
- You will provide technical assistance to inspection areas and additive manufacturing teams
- You will assist in the APQP Process for new products and processes
- You will assist in design reviews, development and support of PFMEA / Control Plans
- You will help develop and monitor quality metrics, levels, and trends
- You will collect, evaluate and develop statistical data and monitor process control
- You will evaluate opportunities for defect prevention and implements specific and preventative corrective actions
- You will develop test procedures and performs evaluation tests, capability studies, quality audits, data reviews, and other engineering evaluations utilizing Six Sigma methodology
- You will provide technical consultation to management and others and leads technical project teams
- You will resolve problems, make process improvements and respond to internal and external customer inquiries regarding quality issues
- You will perform compliance and system effectiveness audits to ensure adherence to company policies, procedures and customer requirements
- You will train associates in both theory and application of quality tools such as statistics, inspection methods, problem solving, process analysis and improvement
- You will program and operate CMM, 3D Scanning, and various measuring equipment and devices
- You will generate CMM Inspection Reports - Collect, collate and report data results in required formats (FAIR, PPAP, ADP, etc.) per AS9102
- You will demonstrate the ability to work well with cross-functional groups.
- You must be self-motivated, able to multi-task, and detail-oriented.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technical field is required.
- Must-Have 3 to 5 years of quality systems experience within manufacturing environment.
- Must-Have 3 to 5 years of Aerospace and/or Automotive experience.
- ASQ Certifications: CQM/OE, CQE, CQA or CQIA
- Must have experience with APQP Process for new products and processes.
- Must have experience related to metal Additive Manufacturing (AM) products produced within an aerospace additive manufacturing environment.
- Must have experience developing methods and writing detailed instructions for inspection processes.
- Strong background and experience is Six Sigma
- Project management on small to medium projects
- Experience in NADCAP Implementations
- Experience coordinating the design and calibration of product acceptance equipment.
- Experience ordering of testers, gages, and equipment to support product acceptance.
- Experience in programming and the operation of CMM, 3D Scanning and various measuring equipment and devices.
- Experience generating CMM Inspection Reports
- Experience in GD&T
- Must be willing to relocate to the South Florida area.