- Posted: over a month ago
- $80,000 to $130,000 Yearly
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical, vision,
One of our top client companies is looking for a highly motivated opto-mechanical engineer to join our engineering team and develop the next generation of laser engines for our high-power industrial laser systems. The engineer will be part of a dynamic team and work on cutting-edge laser technology for exciting applications. The successful candidate for this position will possess the following skills:
· Experience with packaging of opto-electronics components and assemblies, design and test of hermetic packages (experience with design of packages for laser assemblies is preferred)
· High level of competency with mechanical design (Solidworks preferred)
· Experience with machining, sheet metal processing, and metal finishing processes
· Experience with cleaning technologies
· Ability to develop assembly procedures and tooling
· Exhibit strong troubleshooting skills and familiarity with implementation of optical systems.
· Exposure to optical system alignment and test methods.
· Strong ability to work in a multi-disciplinary engineering team and coordinate with optical, electrical and other engineering disciplines
· Good verbal and written communication skills
Key responsibilities related to this position are as follows:
· Define and understand system level requirements by interacting with the engineering, manufacturing and marketing teams
· Translate these into opto-mechanical components requirements and maintain all related project documentation
· Develop and maintain all design documentation, including proper revision control of all generated parts and assemblies through engineering change orders and review processes
· Interface with vendors to ensure successful procurement of mechanical components to meet quality, cost and lead time requirements
· Develop and implement test plans for validating optical and mechanical parts and assemblies.
· Define design iterations with engineering team to assure high level requirements are met
· Participate in development of laser system test plans, perform testing as needed, and generate test reports
· Experience in opto-mechanical assembly, including receiving and inspecting components, dry-assembly, bonding.
· Develop alignment and test tools and procedures for transfer of the new laser systems on manufacturing floor. Train engineering, manufacturing, and applications teams to use of all developed tools and procedures
· Support development of user documentation
Preferred credentials and experience:
· Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Electrical, or Optical Engineering
· 5 years of experience working in opto-mechanical system design and integration
HireResources was established in 2002, in 2015 we began a growth phase by restructuring our core business, today, HireResources is a fast growing Staffing & Recruitment platform headquartered in Connecticut. HireResources is an open source staffing and recruiting model giving flexibility and support to top executive recruiters across the country. HireResources recruiters are thoroughly vetted and are proven professionals in the recruiting industry.
The cornerstone of HireResources success is in its commitment to ethical business practices and superb consumer service. Our "Code of Ethics" is the foundation of this success.
Integrity - Work honestly, every day.
People - Develop and deliver diverse talent
Customer Focus - Anticipate priorities & exceed their expectations
Respect - Value all customers and collaborate with one another
Performance - Be accountable, manage risks and deliver a high level of quality.
HireResources - Manufacturing Division
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?