This opening is for a CCIE level Senior Network Engineer to work on-site with a DC area government customer. This is a high visibility role and the engineer selected will lead several activities in a redesign of a large scale network/datacenter infrastructure.
The ideal candidate will hold a Bachelor's Degree or equivalent and preferably possess extensive skills in several of the following areas: Cisco Datacenter technologies (NX-OS, vPCs, VDCs, OTV, etc.), Network security (Palo Alto Firewalls, AnyConnect VPN, etc.), Cisco ISE, Aruba WLAN, Infoblox IPAM and network automation. This individual will design, implement, and support (high level) Cisco-based networks.
Responsibilities of the Senior Network Engineer - CCIE
- Responsible for network high-level and detailed design, implementation, operations, troubleshooting and issue resolution
- Assess, design, implement, troubleshoot, and document Cisco networks and related systems
- Develop both high-level and detailed implementation and test plans for Cisco technologies related to enterprise networks
- Develop documentation as it relates to project requirements, and assist with or develop customer facing presentations of technology solutions
- Write assessment and design reports, and present them to our customers. · Provide knowledge transfer and informal training to fellow Engineers and clients
Requirements of the Senior Network Engineer CCIE
- Active CCIE in Routing and Switching is *strongly* preferred, but SME level knowledge is essential with or without the CCIE
- Skills in one or more of the following areas a plus:
- Cisco Datacenter technologies
- Palo Alto and Cisco firewalls
- Cisco ISE
- Aruba WLAN
- Network programming
- Certifications in multiple technology areas are a significant plus
- Strong consultative skill set to include communications with varying levels of customer personnel as well as the ability to identify and help close new opportunities within existing clients
- Must be able to work with practice lead to coordinate scheduling to meet customer needs, sometimes juggling multiple projects at one time
- Able to travel within the region or work remotely as needed to support consulting customers
In order to work onsite for this Federal Government client, you must be a U.S.Citizen with the ability to pass a drug screen and background investigation.