Assembly - Assembler in Laser-Optics
HireResources (WO New) Beaverton, OR
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Job Description - Assembler IV
Job Summary: Working within a team responsible for the assembly and test of electromechanical and optical products following established procedures, timeframes, and quality standards. Provide accurate record keeping associated with product assembly. Responsible for maintaining a safe and clean work environment consistent with The Company’s standard practices.
- Interpret procedural documents and assemble products according to instructions
- Accurate record keeping associated with product assembly.
- Maintain organized workstation in compliance with The Company standards.
- Perform in-process test, rework, and quality measurements.
- Recognize potential product assembly errors and initiate appropriate quality procedures.
- Interface well with Manufacturing Manager and other employees to accomplish department goals.
- Work required hours and adhere to The Company attendance policy
- Proactively seek opportunities to assist in completing manufacturing department goals
- Adhere to clean room, safety, and ESD policies and procedures
- Maintain an awareness of department goals and actively participate in implementing solutions.
- Provide training to Manufacturing staff as directed by Manufacturing Manager.
- Proactively seek improvements for manufacturing processes with minimal supervision.
- Serve as subject matter expert (SME) expert for one or more product lines
- Ability to assemble with minimal supervision.
- Attention to Detail - Minimal errors associated with product assembly.
- Ability to accurately and consistently perform computer data entry.
- Ability to recognize inconsistent or inaccurate test results.
- Ability to effectively communicate information associated with quality problems.
- Ability to inspect, test, and adjust completed units to ensure that units meet specifications, tolerances, and customer order requirements.
Education Training and Experience: This position requires a High School diploma or equivalent and 5 years experience in electromechanical assembly.
Preferred Training and Experience: IPC Certification, experience assembling products containing optics and lasers.
Experience with email and office programs. Experience using database systems, FileMaker Pro preferred. Experience using spreadsheets and creating charts. Proficient in MS Office or Mac Office product suites.
Preferred: Experience working in a Mac environment.
While performing the responsibilities of this job, the employee is required to talk and listen. Continual walking, sitting, standing, stooping, bending, kneeling, and reaching occurs, with some heavy lifting and carrying. The Assembler will occasionally lift up to 25 pounds.
Gross and fine motor skills, including movement control, finger dexterity, and sensitivity. The ability to keep your hand and arm steady while moving your arm or while holding your arm and hand in one position.
Vision and Sensory Requirements
The Assembler will be required to rely on close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, ability to adjust focus, and ability to see color.
Work Environment and Conditions
Due to the nature of the products manufactured the Assembler may potentially be exposed to risk of electrical shock, to caustic or hazardous chemicals, and to lasers and light wavelengths, which may be harmful to the eye.
The Assembler will be exposed to moderate noise level; similar to a business office, or light traffic.
Medical, Dental and Vision, 401(k)
HireResources (WO New)Why Work Here?