Direct hire opportunity! This position is located in Grandview, MO.
Analyzes specifications, lays out metal stock, sets up and operates machine tools, and fits and assembles parts to fabricate and repair metalworking dies, cutting tools, jigs and fixtures, gauges, and machinists' hand tools by performing the following duties.
SAFETY AND ENVIRONMENTAL:
All employees are expected to act in a safe manner at all times and ensure that those around them do not put themselves or others at risk. Everyone is personally accountable for his/her own safety as well as their co-workers.
Safety and health is a shared responsibility of everyone in the organization and a condition of employment. We value and expect engagement out of all employees.
Co-workers share the responsibility for doing the right thing for the environment and carrying out the stewardship principles addressed in our Environmental Policy. We will provide the resources necessary to implement this policy, and management will conduct periodic reviews to ensure its ongoing effectiveness.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Studies specifications such as blueprints, sketches, models, or descriptions, and visualizes product to determine materials required and machines to be used to fabricate parts.
· Computes dimensions, plans layout, and determines assembly method and sequence of operations.
· Measures, marks, and scribes metal stock for machining.
· Sets up and operates machine tools such as lathes, milling machine, shaper, and grinder, to machine parts, and verifies conformance of machined parts to specifications.
· Lifts machined parts, positions and secures parts on surface plate or worktable.
· Smoothes flat and contoured surfaces and power grinders, and fits and assembles parts together and into assemblies and mechanisms.
· Verifies dimensions, alignments, and clearances.
· Heat-treats tools or parts.
· Connects wiring and hydraulic lines to install electrical and hydraulic components.
· Examines standard or previously used dies, tools, and jigs and fixtures, and recommends design modifications regarding construction and function of part.
· Develops specifications from general descriptions for specialty tools and draws or sketches design of product.
· Plans and constructs intricate tools, dies, fixtures, molds, and gauges where accurate relationship, fitting, interchangeability of parts require extremely close tolerances to fits.
· Constructs tools where no design is available, determines metal flow in dies, selects allowances, performs difficult development work, makes tool tryouts, and diagnoses and corrects troubles.
· Fits and assembles parts involving irregular contours, large number of holes or numerous die sections.
· Analyze problems with molded parts and determine what to do to repair.
· Clean all plates and cavities/cores and moving parts of mold with Dyna-clean.
· Make out layout sheets and mold repair tags and log all repairs in shop log.
· Replace or repair parts of mold that are defective.
· Fit up cores, cavities, ejector pins and moving parts within .0005 clearance.
· Finish parts to print dimensions.
· Make new parts for molds according to print plus grind stock before heat-treating.
· Heat treat parts to specifications per print.
· Drill out water lines.
· Drill and counter bore for water lines.
· Make holding fixtures and gauges for grinding and/or machining or other departments.
· Figure stack-up dimension of parts.
· Plug and bore gauge hole diameters.
· Trig angles for grinding and machining.
· Lay out work for utility workers and oversee work done.
· Indicate parts on shop equipment.
· Must follow all work rules and policies.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Requires four-year apprenticeship or its equivalent plus four years or more of experience in the construction, alteration or repair of complicated tools, dies, molds and gauges to meet standards.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence and effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio and percentage.
Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to handle problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and sit, bend, stoop, twist, kneel, squat, or crawl.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 58 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works near moving mechanical parts and is regularly exposed to risk of electrical shock. The employee is frequently exposed to vibration. The employee occasionally works in high, precarious places and is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
1.To improve the productivity and profitability of our clients by supplying full-scale, tailored recruitment solutions in order to create balanced, high-performance teams
2.To build strong relationships with our candidates by providing free career advice, outstanding customer service, and matching them with the right career opportunities
Why Work Here?HirePrinciple was founded by a team of experienced executive recruiters with more than 50 years of combined experience serving clients ranging from start-ups to the Fortune 1000. HirePrinciple knows building a qualified team is critical to achieving superior results. We also understand that the goals of each organization and individual are unique. Accordingly, HirePrinciple’s search process is customized to provide recruitment solutions to employers and match candidates with the career opportunities that fit their needs.From our headquarters in Wichita, Kansas, we serve progressive employers and talented professionals throughout the United States. Our mission. 1.To improve the productivity and profitability of our clients by supplying full-scale, tailored recruitment solutions in order to create balanced, high-performance teams 2.To build strong relationships with our candidates by providing free career advice, outstanding customer service, and matching them with the right career opportunities
Start your dream career with HirePrinciple today!