This position is for an experienced technical Product Developer who will lead and execute productivity projects within the Global Biscuit Treat Productivity Platforms group. The Candidate will be responsible for the development, optimization, and proof of principle of product changes for new product platforms of global biscuit products. They will need to translate concepts into projects that not only meet the business needs and consumer hurdles but can also be commercialized. Initially, this role will include technical leadership of multiple work tracks, executing against the project strategy and objectives, and acting as a key product developer on the project.
1. Deliver technical solutions to drive cost out of our global biscuit brands following the project objective
2. Plan and conduct bench top, pilot, and possibly plant trials, collect data and interpret results to drive program and technical knowledge forward, developing robust action plans, risk assessments, and contingency planning.
Bachelor’s degree in Food Science, Chemical Engineering or another related technical field
3 - 7 years of experience, the food industry is preferred (rate should be decreased if lesser experience)
1. Strong technical skills and technical curiosity
2. Ability to develop technical projects with proper scientific rigor: conduct appropriate testing, gather and analyze data, and develop recommendations based on findings
3. Ability to construct and develop timelines for multiple projects
4. Ability to collaborate and influence cross-functionally
5. Excellent written and oral communication skills
6. Executional excellence, personal leadership, time management, and problem-solving competencies.