This position has the primary responsibility of supporting the development of solutions for the Coatings Industry. The position is working in a chemistry lab. Duties include, but are not limited to, mixing chemicals, testing samples, and documentation.
- Must have a strong sense of work ethic and self-motivation.
- Must operate with a high sense of urgency.
- Must be able to work comfortably in a team environment and also effectively on individual efforts.
- Must have basic computer skills and be comfortable with email, MS Word and MS Excel.
- Must have the highest standards of integrity, accuracy, and attention to detail.
- Must be flexible and capable of adapting to priority changes on a daily basis.
- Must possess good oral and written communication skills.
- Experience in laboratory activity - performance experiments and familiarity with basic chemical mixing is required
- Experience in vendor management - ordering materials, cataloging materials is a plus
- Experience in technical documentation desired
- Basic knowledge of chemical instrumentation required
- Basic knowledge of chemical compatibility required
- Basic knowledge of chemical handling and chemical storage required
- College level (Junior level) understanding of chemistry, physics, and engineering required
- Detailed oriented and with high sensitivity to the timeline is a must
- Proactive in task management and ability to address/take care of basic laboratory facilitation
A high school diploma is required with 6 years of practical laboratory experience, an Associate's degree with 2 years of practical laboratory experience, or a Bachelor's degree in a scientific field. The company recognizes Institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent.