Under general autonomy, is accountable for delivery of Exchange and Domain Migration project. Currently defined scope to include upgrade to Exchange 2016, consolidating multiple domains into one existing user and workstation domain, working with Quest to migrate workstations and mailboxes. It would be helpful if this individual can demonstrate experience working with Quest and Quest migration tools.
By demonstrating leadership skills, directs one or more diverse IT project teams, and ensures appropriate staffing by use of project resource planning. Develops cost effective solutions, evaluates alternatives and collaborates with business owners and stakeholders to confirm requirements and ensure acceptance. Directs project control activities including but not limited to; plans, cost estimates, risk mitigation, and communication in accordance with technical standards and processes. Supervises others; allocates and monitors work, coordinates similar activities within a functional area. Interprets and applies directions originating at a higher level. Job role has budgetary type accountabilities or directly impacts a revenue center’s viability or its quality of service via personal contributions. Job role contributes directly to value creation.
Skills are typically acquired through completion of an undergraduate degree in related technology or business field, or equivalent work experience and 8-10 years of experience in related IT and business processes, field, or equivalent work experience and 8-10 years of experience in related IT and business processes.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Candidate must have a BS in computer science / information systems / mathematics or equivalent.
- PMP or equivalent is required.
- Experience leading directory migrations, messaging platform migrations, IT Security initiatives, and domain migrations.
- Infrastructure and IT Security experience preferred.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft infrastructure
- ITIL certification or exposure preferred.
- Candidate must have 8-10+ years IT management experience, including 7+ years specific as a project manager and 3-5 years with experience implementing Infrastructure projects.
- Project planning and management skills, including exposure to making operational decisions, monitoring progress, taking corrective action and reporting results
- Show exposure to leadership and negotiation abilities and have demonstrated mentoring abilities.
- Demonstrated organizational skills, as well as strong written, oral and presentational communication abilities to work with all levels of staff and next levels of management.
- Ability to work independently and keep senior management adequately informed.
- Strong knowledge of Systems Development Lifecycles (SDLC), change management and business process.
- Knowledge of information technologies including a high-end (general) technical knowledge of hardware, software, databases and database technology.
- Demonstrated ability to work in matrix team environments.
- Ability to perform financial management and analysis related to project budgets.