Location: Houston, TX
The ideal candidate would have:
- Experience negotiating the legal terms of supply chain contracts (Master Services Agreements, Offshore Installation Agreements, Rig Agreements, Purchase Orders, etc.) in the oil and gas industry.
- International experience.
- Experience with drilling rigs.
- Experience in drafting bespoke supply chain contract legal terms and conditions (Strong drafting and writing skills are required).
- A JD (preferred, but not required).
- Minimum Five years of domestic contracts experience in the Oil and Gas industry or related field
Supports the business' strategic contractual requirements.
Coordinates with various departments in the Company, including but not limited to, Legal, Compliance, Trade, Risk Management, Tax, Finance, Accounting, Treasury, EHSR, Major Projects, Drilling, Engineering, and Procurement, to ensure that all contracts represent the Company's financial and risk profile tolerances.
Analyzes contracts, laws and regulations that govern or impact oil and gas exploration, development, production and transportation activities to ensure that the businesses incorporate these insights into contracts and contracting strategies.
Prepares, reviews, analyzes, modifies, negotiates, executes, and administers supply chain/procurement related contracts (e.g., Confidentiality Agreements; Master Agreement for Goods & Services; service agreements, including but not limited, Master Service Agreement, Consulting Agreement, Flight Services Agreement; Preliminary Design and FEED agreements; geophysical agreements; seismic agreements; fabrication agreements; transportation agreements; equipment lease agreements; offshore rig contracts; and onshore rig contracts).
Facilitates contract compliance by ensuring proper communication of requirements.
Keeps current on regulations, political risk factors and industry changes that may impact the company.
Exhibits a customer service focus that enables internal customers to succeed in a manner that meets the Company's risk profile and protects its interest.
Travel to other business locations may be required
- Knowledge of drilling, production, exploration and U.S. domestic (onshore) contracts is preferred.
- Knowledge of indemnity structures utilized in and the interrelated aspects of contracts.
- Knowledge of U.C.C. (Uniform Commercial Code), Art. 2 (Sale of Goods) is preferred.
- Knowledge of contracts for major projects for U.S. onshore preferred.
- Strong general business and contract writing experience.
- Experience negotiating terms and conditions, and incentives for contracts with the ability to anticipate, identify, and resolve complex contractual issues.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with Master Service Contracts.
- Conducts research to provide input towards more complex solutions/alternatives to meet internal customer requirements.
- Directs and leads negotiations with routine and may assist with complex contracts.
- Facilitates contract compliance by ensuring proper communication of requirements.
- Provides routine and more complex contractual / commercial advice to business team members.
- Provides guidance to supply chain staff regarding contractual matters.
- Acts as contracts lead on major projects and initiatives
The requirements and specifications listed above are intended to describe the general function and level of the personnel assigned to this classification. It is not intended to limit any additional responsibilities, duties and/or skills that may be required of the incumbent.