This position has the primary responsibility of supporting the development of functional polymer dispersions for the architectural coatings market.
Aspects of the job include:
• Work with Research Scientists to test polymers for the architectural coatings market.
• Complete laboratory projects to support Polymer Research & Development for architectural coatings.
• Perform maintenance and calibration activities required to maintain ISO compliance.
• Develop the necessary knowledge with the equipment and procedures to provide expertise to internal and external customers.
• Serve within a laboratory team in such activities as equipment repairs, including interfacing with manufacturers, contractors and site facilities.
• Assist other technicians in the completion of development projects as necessary.
• Generate ideas that improve the safety, efficiency and overall effectiveness of the laboratory and its team.
• Strong work ethic and be self-motivated.
• Ability to operate projects with a high sense of urgency.
• Work comfortably in a team environment and also effectively on individual efforts.
• Possess the highest standards of integrity, accuracy, and attention to detail.
• Flexible and capable of adapting to priority changes on a daily basis.
• Must possess good oral and written communication skills.
• Must have basic computer skills and be comfortable with email, MS Word, MS Excel, and MS PowerPoint.