The candidate will assist a team of entomologists in conducting experiments to test new insecticide chemistries and formulations for utility against urban insect pests (e.g., structural, household, public health). The role involves laboratory and limited field evaluations of candidate products conducted by the Non-Crop Advanced Testing team.
Duties include bioassay preparation, set up and evaluation. Work will be conducted under the direct supervision of Company research scientists within Global Insecticide Research.
Responsibilities will include:
- weighing compounds,
- mixing solutions,
- applying pesticides,
- infesting with insects (e.g., mosquitoes, flies, termites, ants, cockroaches, bed bugs),
- conducting evaluations,
- entering data into Excel accurately,
- assisting with special requests testing, colony maintenance, and general housekeeping.
Education / Experience Desired:
- Background in non-crop entomology (i.e. medical, veterinary, urban entomology) research is highly desirable.
- Background in entomology minimum acceptable.
- Candidate must be willing and able to work in laboratory, greenhouse, and agricultural field environments, experience in these areas is desirable.
- General laboratory equipment.