Outside Sales Territory Manager – Northeast Territory
Our client is looking for an Outside Sales Territory Manager to sell a category-leading product that will help customers increase the value of their business. In this role, you will be responsible for researching your territory and engaging with prospects to understand how our client can fit into their plan for success, presenting the product, handling objections, and closing sales orders.
Ideal candidates are eager to impact the growth of our client’s business and customers. 3-5 years of outside sales experience is required.
- Develop and execute lead generation, prospecting, and selling activities of the largest companies in the region by researching the market, identifying prospects, and qualifying opportunities.
- Manage contacts and sales transaction pipeline in Salesforce.
- Create a network of followers that include prospects, market partners, key industry influencers, and other interesting parties that ultimately extend our client’s reach by echoing and amplifying their values.
- Provide owner-level on-site demonstrations of product(s) to qualified prospects.
- Handle buying objections and position the product for success upon purchase by the customer by recommending the appropriate configuration for the customer’s situation.
- Configure, deliver, and close electronic sales orders for subscription licenses as well as training and consulting services.
- Work in association with an inside sales representative to strategically expand all aspects of the region.
Candidates for this role have 3-5 years of outside sales experience and will ideally be located on the east coast (Boston, Hartford, Providence, or NYC metro area strongly preferred), but our client is open to candidates in other east-coast cities. Relocation assistance, visa sponsorship or transfer, and C2C arrangements are not available.
This is a full-time, permanent position with a target base salary of 75-90k and first year OTE of 150k annually (base depends on experience and location). Quota is ~685k from new business and expansion from existing. This position comes with a solid benefits package, bonus and equity potential, and emphasis on sales training and professional growth.
- 3-5 years previous outside sales experience is required. 2+ years of experience selling into fire protection, life safety, or mechanical companies is strongly preferred.
- A natural curiosity, intelligence, grit and focus on learning and improving day over day is required.
- A few notable failures that indicate you are not afraid to accept risks and take challenges is a plus.
- Strong internet device usage skills (tablet, laptop, applications, smartphones).
- Proven ability to grasp selling concepts and learn selling skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills – figure out how to help the customer buy.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, including presenting tailored messages.
- Good social networking skills to meet and engage with new and existing clients.
- College degree with strong academic performance is preferred.
Contact Martha Michaux at email@example.com with questions regarding this posting or to apply. A Word resume is strongly preferred when applying.
When looking for a job, have you ever heard the phrase “It’s not about what you know, it’s about who you know”?
At HireNetworks, it really is all about who we know.
Whether your current contract is ending, you’re looking to advance your career, or you’re a company on the hunt for new talent and wanting to expand, let HireNetworks put our networks to work for you.
HireNetworks is an equal opportunity employer.
Work is generally performed in an office environment in which there is only minimal exposure to unpleasant or hazardous working conditions. Must have an ability to sit for long periods throughout the day. Must be able to use a telephone or headset equipment. The incumbent must be able to perform work at a computer terminal for 6 to 8 hours a day, function in an environment with consistent interruptions, and in rare circumstances, lift 20 lbs. The work may be stressful at times and demand the ability to hit the key deliverables for the role.