Class B Driver
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
HireLevel is seeking a highly motivated and driven Class B Driver for a building and design company located in Murphysboro, IL. This is a Direct Hire opportunity with a comprehensive benefit package offered.
The Class B Driver will work with the construction team to ensure that projects are completed within budget, in a timely manner and to customer specifications and satisfaction. The ideal candidate will have experience driving and delivering construction materials.
Job Category: Direct Hire
Location: Murphysboro, IL
Type: Full-time, Hourly
Shift: Full-time (Company Hours of Operation are Monday - Friday, 7AM - 5:30PM and Saturdays, 7AM - 3PM)
Compensation: $18 - $20 an hour
Duties and Responsibilities of a Class B Driver:
- Operates Boom / Crane Truck in a safe and skilled manner in accordance with DOT regulations
- Responsible for loads, delivery, and off-loads of the Crane Truck
- Ensures proper material and quantity, rigging, planning, hoisting, balance, weight limits, binding/securing of load
- Maintains and keeps Boom / Crane Truck interior and exterior clean
- Reports needed repairs to the shop immediately
- Submits timely and accurate paperwork, i.e., mileage reports, material tickets and other reporting as required
- Obtains daily job assignment and coordinate instructions with production supervisor
- Complies with pre- and post-trip inspections of vehicle according to regulations
- Arrives at job site on time
- Assists crew in flagging traffic, housekeeping (sweeping and cleaning around job site), load/unload materials, place, and materials
- Practices a "safety comes first" attitude by following OSHA and DOT regulations
- Must be open to performing additional duties as assigned by supervisor
Qualifications of an Installer/Carpenter:
- 3+ years of previous driving/delivery experience in construction landscaping, plumbing or electrical industries highly preferred
- Valid Class B driver's license required
- Air brakes endorsement preferred
- Strong time management skills
- Transportation or service industry experience a plus
- Excellent time management and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work well with others
HireLevel is an equal opportunity employer. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, creed, color, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital status, or any other protected classification protected by local, state, or federal laws.
HireLevel Permanent Placement
Transportation and StorageView all jobs at HireLevel Permanent Placement