At XPO Logistics – Global Forwarding (XPO Global), we proactively manage the challenges of high value, time sensitive, delicate shipments. Our commitment is honesty, integrity, great customer service, and no surprises.
Our vision is to provide our team members fun, family- oriented and rewarding results-based work environment.
We are currently looking for an Operations and Customer Service Agent.
The primary duties include providing exceptional service to our customers and working through our vendors to meet and exceed our customer’s needs! This involves everything in the entire process of both domestic and international freight forwarding including accurately quoting, arranging, routing, tracking, costing, rotating on call and rating shipments.
We might be a good fit if you enjoy:
- Providing superior service to all our clients.This includes communicating with our customers on the phone and via e-mail, following up to make sure they received what they expected, and making our customers feel confident about working with us.
- Working in a very fast paced environment. Our loyal customers appreciate our sense of urgency and our aggressiveness towards making sure their shipments are handled properly.
- Working in ALL areas of the freight forwarding process and not just one cog in the machine.
- Working with others on a team to accomplish a shared goal.
- Not knowing exactly what every day will hold.
- Taking initiative and ownership, having a sense of urgency, making decisions, being proactive, and working with others to constantly make things better.
- Making sure our customers are never caught off guard.
Required Skills and Traits:
- Exceptional customer service with the desire to serve our clients in the best possible manner
- High attention to detail
- Sense of urgency
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Can both follow procedures and think outside the box
- Proficient in MS Office Suite
- Solid math skills, you are able to sense when the numbers don’t look right or add up
- Comfortable with change and working in unknown situations, the ability to be flexible and adapt as needed
- Independent and able to collaborate and be a team player
- High level of integrity
- Productive and able to stand ground for quotes and promises we pass along to our clients
- Creative problem solver
- Passionate and self-driven
- Positive outlook and a willingness to buy in
- Did we mention a sense of urgency?
- Previous domestic freight forwarding experience preferred but not required
Hours, Salary and Benefits:
This is a full-time position, averaging 40-50 hours a week.
The salary range for this positions is $45k - $60k, depending on experience. We offer insurance benefits depending on the compensation package. You may receive dental, health and vision. We offer paid holidays along with Paid Time Off.
Who are we?
Think of the best things that come with working in a small company and a really large one!Our parent company, XPO Logistics, Inc. (NYSE: XPO) recently ranked as the largest logistics company in North America on the Transport Topics 2018 list of Top 50 Logistics Companies.Our office culture, however, feels very small.We currently have a total of 16 people on our team and we are looking to expand!
XPO Global is the freight forwarding division of XPO Logistics.Our niche is working with companies that need a value-added freight service because they have high value, time sensitive and/or delicate products.
Here’s a lot more about us:
Did we just describe you? Are you ready to apply?