About the Company:
AVIANT Healthcare is a healthcare services organization. Its core offering includes the ownership and operation of community-based hospices. The organization's innovative approach to hospice care is based on its 'Gold Standards"? -- an extensive collection of care commitments designed to ensure patients, families, and the organization's partners, all receive the highest level of care possible.
About the Job Opening:
We are seeking a new Medical Assistant to be our Front Office Admin for our Chandler, AZ office. In this role, you will be responsible for scheduling in-home patient visits for our medical practitioners. This role manages all of our electronic files and data entry in our medical records program. Coordination with the medical biller, coordinating patient care for multiple practitioners, and managing customer service are all handled by this position. A variety of other clerical and admin tasks are also a part of the role.
The ideal candidate would have a medical assistant certificate and/or background working as high level admin in a medical office. This position requires self-motivated, reliable person with an excellent ability to provide a high level of customer service, even in the face of difficult or stressful situations. You will be part of a supportive team, however, the ideal person for this role would work great independently, have a strong attention to detail, have great time management skills and be able to juggle multiple priorities.
Duties Include, but not limited to:
- Schedule patient in-home visits
- Manage calendar for multiple practitioners
- Manage confidential files and data in an EMR, adhering to HIPAA, HITECH, EPHI
- Coordinate information exchange with medical biller
- Coordinate care for nurses and physicians
- Manage customer service inquiries
- Processing orders
- Manage medical referrals
- Answer phones
- Review insurance verification & authorization
- Dual report to Assistant Operations Manager and the Program Director
- General Clerical duties (faxing, filing, data entry, scanning, etc.)
Skills and Traits Desired, but not limited to:
- Excellent customer service skills
- Highly organized
- Tech savvy, easily able to use multiple databases, including EMR
- Responsible and reliable
- Detail oriented
- Excellent time management skills
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Able to work independently
- Natural problem solver
- Professional and polished demeanor
- Able to stand for prolonged periods of time, may require occasional lifting, pushing or pulling of up to 50 lbs.
Experience Desired Includes, but not limited to:
- 2 to 3 years as a Medical Assistant experience, certificate highly preferred
- 3 to 4 years of Admin or Office Assistant Experience
- High School graduate or equivalent
- Experience using a EMR
Hours and Compensation:
This is a full-time, Monday - Friday position. Hours are 8:00am - 5:00pm, with hour lunch break. Hourly pay is starting at $18 - 20/hr depending on experience. Includes, health insurance, dental and vision insurance, 401k and generous PTO. Please note this position is in Chandler, only apply if the commute easily works for you. Timeliness and reliability are vital to the role.
Please fill out our online application and submit your resume.