G&A Partners, a Houston based Professional Employer Organization (PEO) and HR Outsourcing firm, and is seeking a full-time Benefits Specialist for our rapidly growing office in Salt Lake City, UT.
The Benefits Specialist works within a team to assist in the administration of employee benefit plans for many clients across multiple states. These benefit plans include, but are not limited to, major medical, dental, vision, life and AD&D, retirement, disability, and other ancillary benefits.
About G&A Partners
G&A Partners is a full-service Human Resource outsourcing firm that assists businesses of all sizes with employment-related issues. We specialize in providing payroll services, comprehensive health and dental benefits, human resource management, risk and safety management, and many other ancillary benefits. We provide "Fortune 500" level solutions to businesses with 10 to 10,000 employees.
- Maintain proficient understanding of eligibility requirements, plan features, and general plan design for employee benefit plans offered by clients
- Assist with the annual benefits renewal process including insurance renewals for assigned clients
- Conduct benefits orientation for new employees as well as annual benefits enrollment meetings
- Educate employees on benefit plan eligibility requirements, plan features, cost, and the enrollment process
- Enroll new employees in the appropriate benefit plans, and ensures all essential information is entered into the company's Human Resources Information System (HRIS)
- Develop good client and broker relationships
- Provide outstanding customer service to internal and external customer
- Provide vendors and carriers with appropriate documentation for life and disability benefits claims
- Interface with vendors and carriers to investigate discrepancies to address routine and non-routine situations.
- Serve as a main point of contact for employees regarding the use of benefits, updating benefits packages, enrollment, changing benefits, issues with the carriers, and other related questions or concerns
- Respond to employee questions and issues regarding HIPAA, COBRA, and Section 125 compliance as well as a working knowledge and understanding of PPACA
Requirements & Skills:
- Associate's degree in business or a related field
- 2 years of experience working in a benefits administration capacity
- Or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Life & Health license preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills essential over the phone, in writing, and in large groups
- Bilingual in English and Spanish a plus
- Proficient working knowledge and understanding of spreadsheet, database, and word processing applications, such as Microsoft Office Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Proficient working knowledge and understanding of group health insurance plans, eligibility requirements, plan features, Section 125, COBRA, HSA, and HIPAA compliance
- Proficiency with HRIS platforms
G&A Partners has been recently recognized in Utah Business Magazine as one of the Best Companies to Work for, as well as number 16 on the "Fast 50", a list of the 50 Fastest Growing Companies in Utah. Check it out here: https://www.gnapartners.com/press-release/ga-partners-best-companies-work-for-utah-2019/
In addition to the compensation G&A Partners offers a benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, disability, life, 401k, an award-winning wellness program and full-time schedule conducive to work-life balance. To learn more, visit us at www.gnapartners.com.