Switch Driver - 3rd Shift
JobSquad Staffing Solutions Charleston, SC
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
We are searching for a 3rd Shift Switch Truck Driver in Daniel Island, SC.
Pay: $18.15 per hour
- Responsible for loading, unloading, transporting, and storing distribution materials in and between warehouse areas.
- Must be proficient in the use of or have the ability to quickly learn RedPrairie WMS, Email, RF equipment, and powered equipment in home department.
- Handles materials manually, with the aid of both non-powered (pallet jacks, hand trucks) and/or powered equipment (walkie,
reach truck, 589 transloader, counterbalance).
- Moves trucks and trailers to the appropriate dock door for loading and unloading.
- Operates forklifts and pallet jacks as required.
- Keeps accurate records of truck and trailer movements; reports moves as needed to the appropriate personnel.
- Makes boxes, tapes, labels, and handles recyclable materials on a regular basis.
- Responsible for predetermined Key Performance indicators and production goals.
- Responsible for constantly seeking ways to improve processes and will communicate/provide feedback to supervisor on regular basis.
- Must be knowledgeable about the operational aspects of the DC workflow, with specific knowledge of home department.
- Interacts with supervisor(s) and hourly associates on daily tasks while working with limited direct supervision.
- Lifts up to 45 pounds consistently throughout the work day.
- Demonstrated leadership skill required Prior warehouse experience preferred
- Basic Warehouse Management System (WMS) experience preferred (RedPrairie, etc.) Prior experience operating trucks and trailers is required
- Prior experience with truck/trailer switching operation or operating an 18-wheeler is required. CDL is not required.
- Strong verbal and written communication required
- Hearing is required in order to hear instructions, safety warnings, and equipment operations Vision is required in order to operate and drive a vehicle efficiently and safely
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand English language effectively Must be able to work in a team based environment
- Must have a good driving record
Tired of the frustrating job search? Hire Scene has the solution. Through our candidate-first approach and use of technology, the connection between employers and job seekers is faster, easier, and simpler. We simplify the job process, the interview process, the hiring process, the on-boarding process, and in turn, your life.
JobSquad Staffing Solutions
Transportation and Storage