Senior Structural Engineer
We are looking for a structural engineer to oversee our construction projects. You'll ensure that structures are safe and strong. As a structural engineer, you'll spend time both in our office - designing and planning project details - and on-site where you'll provide technical advice to construction workers.
To succeed in this role, you should have hands-on experience using several construction methods and materials and advanced knowledge of AutoCAD. Project management and analytical skills are also very important.
- Develop structural designs and details for steel, concrete, wood, and masonry structures.
- Performs structural analysis of new and existing structured for both gravity and lateral (wind and seismic) load conditions.
- Prepares and reviews structural calculations, reports and details of structural elements that conform to client, regulatory, and industry standards.
- Coordinate with Architectural & Structural drawings along with Mechanical, Electrical and Civil drawings to develop design and construction documents.
- Use computer design and analysis programs including Ram Structural, Ram concept, ETABS, SAFE, MathCAD, spColumn, Enercalc, BlueBeam.
- Support and perform field services including answering Requests for Information (RFI's), providing field sketches, performing structural observation and approving Shop Drawings.
- Coordination with other engineers, engineering interns, CAD technicians and other disciplines will be required.
- Attend coordination meetings with external consultants and clients.
- Excellent knowledge of construction methods and regulations
- Hands-on experience with AutoCAD
- Data-driven mindset with excellent mathematical skills
- Good communication ability (both written and verbal)
- Attention to detail
- Mass Timber Experience
- Seismic Retrofit Experience
- Parking Structures Experience
- School/Community College Experience
- Health Care Experience
- High-rise Experience
- Concrete and steel structures
- Bachelor's Degree in Structural Engineering. Master's Degree is preferred.
- California PE/SE license is a plus.
- 5+ years experience as a Structural Engineer.
Our client is offering a highly competitive salary for this role based on experience.
Please email us your resume to find out more details about this role - Engineers@hireresolve.us.com
Alternatively, you are welcome to connect with either Kerryn Bland, Kerrin Watson or Monique Marais on LinkedIn.
Hire ResolveWest Covina, CA
ConstructionView All Hire Resolve Jobs
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.