Sr. Program Manager
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Launch your career with a technology leader in the fields of electrolytic, thermoelectric, custom battery design & manufacturing, and fuel cell systems. We offer innovative solutions and proven technologies for space, energy, military and aviation customers around the globe.
We are looking for an industry recognized Senior Program Manager to support battery development programs at our Sparks, Maryland location. The successful candidate will be expected to ensure customer requirements are met by executing project plans within budgetary and schedule constraints, and delivering high quality end products.
The Senior Program Manager will also represent the project at meetings with customers and other working groups, preparing and presenting briefings. This position will assist the General Manager with developing, implementing, and overseeing facility initiatives and projects. This will include budgeting responsibilities, assisting with strategic planning, participating in the hiring process, and coordination with other departments in the implementation of a master schedule.
As a supplier of products and engineering services for demanding land, sea and space applications (including the Mars Curiosity rover power system), we offer exciting opportunities for energetic, self-motivated individuals looking for an extraordinary new career.
What we offer:
- Exciting opportunity to grow your career
- Competitive Salaries
- An employee focused culture
- Flexible schedules that support work/life balance
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision plans
- 401k with match
- Stock purchasing options
- Employee Wellness Stipend
- Tuition reimbursement and opportunities to upskill
What you will be doing:
- Interact successfully on a business and technical level with a wide variety of customers, presents customer briefings of progress, issues, solution approaches, interacts with key technical personnel to coordinate and give direction
- Lead proposal generation in response to customer requests, to include developing cost and schedule estimates
- Coordinate with other functional team managers to identify and resolve resource constraints to accomplish project execution to cost, schedule and technical milestones
- Track, report and take proactive action on program financial status to ensure planning of program and financial execution.
- Take key role in contributing to the definition of product development activities
- Lead program execution with team planning and meetings necessary to accomplish milestones
- Develop standards for Program Management across multiple projects and analyze project performance across product lines
- Lead or actively participate in strategic planning and forecasting across all site activities.
- Work with senior management in resource planning to include workload forecasting, interviewing potential candidates and personnel development planning
What you bring to the table:
- Bachelor of Science degree in a recognized field of engineering or a closely related field of science
- MBA a plus
- Ten years of applicable Program Management and team leadership experience, preferably in a government contractor environment
- PMP certification preferred
- Proven ability to lead and motivate multi-functional teams through project completion
- Capable of managing multi projects simultaneously
- Demonstrates high level of insight, initiative and productivity
- Advanced computer proficiency using Microsoft Office (Project, Teams, Word, Excel, & PowerPoint) and Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software
- Experience with financial planning and reporting, as well as Earned Value Management
- Experience planning and scheduling project tasks
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation communication skills
- US Citizen with the ability to obtain a Security Clearance
Powered by JazzHR
Hire Military Talent
Get fresh Launch Manager jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.