Role : IT SUPPORT ENGINEER (Temasek IT Service Desk)
Location : New York, NY 10152
Duration : 6-12 Months
Experience : 10-15+ Years
No of Positions : 2
Interview : Only In person
Primary Skills : Temasek IT ServiceDesk (TSPL), Support Engineer
· Coordinate with third party vendors on hardware fixes for laptop/desktop/switches/Printer/LAN/cabling etc.
· Perform installation, configuration and deployment of operating systems and standard software for laptops and desktop computers.
· Support evaluation and procurement of new IT Equipment (laptops, desktop computers, printers and IT peripherals).
· Assist Trusted Source (TSPL) in the assessment and evaluation of recommended computer model(s).
· Assist in the set up of new hires computers and mobile devices based on TSPL standard deliverables. New hire accounts are provisioned by Temasek IT ServiceDesk (provided by TSPL) in Singapore.
· Configure and support smartphone and mobile devices (i.e. Apple iPhone and iPad) through corporate Mobile Device Management platform.
· Verify and/or troubleshoot any computer building issue using the SOE/build image provided by Temasek IT ServiceDesk.
· Preventive Maintenance to cover the computer endpoints, most effective being to rebuild each computers once a year to keep it up-to-date in terms of configuration, software and updates, and to keep performance optimal.
· Assess and update endpoint devices with antivirus files and also to handle security incidents such as malware and virus attacks - by isolating the computer and to cleanse base on guidance from TSPL IT Security team.
· Diagnose and resolve hardware and software issues in conjunction with Temasek IT ServiceDesk.
· Secure de-commissioning of obsolete IT Equipment.
· Provide telephony related support (PABX, VoIP and Skype for Business).
· Provide on-site support for IT Infrastructure equipment in server/hub room.
· Provide on-site support and co-ordination with IT vendors and service providers.
· Conduct Preventive Maintenance on IT Equipment to lessen the likelihood of breakdown or enhance performance.
· Maintain IT asset inventory through active tracking, physical verification and asset tagging.
· Provide Audio & Video (AV) support for office meetings and conferences, activities include establishing Video Conference sessions, dialing into Audio Conference and troubleshooting AV related issues.
· Perform regular (or daily) checks on IT Infrastructure to ensure availability and performance.
· Provide support for IT Security incident such as malware removal.
· Execute and use good judgment and timeliness in responding to and resolving each issue to Customers’ satisfaction.
· Identify, research and resolve general technical issues.
· Maintain accurate documentation and record tracking.
· May be called upon to support technical and product training.