Buyer Supply Chain
Hire Excellence Northbrook, IL
- Expired: 20 days ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
World Leading distributor is seeking a career oriented Buyer to join their fast paced purchasing team. You will be responsible for planning inventory, purchasing materials, and managing the purchase order process.
We offer exceptional opportunities for advancement along with a high competitive compensation and benefit package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance flex spending, disability, tuition reimbursement as well as 401k match!
- Analyze reporting to ensure inventory targets, service goals, aged goals, and logistics expense goals
- Generate PO`s and manage changes
- Ensure order confirmation
- Manage supply flow - cancel, rush, expedite and de-expedite PO`s
- Complete monthly root cause analysis on inventory and service trends
- Improve the purchase planning process
- Communicate vendor backorder issues
- Manage the PO release process
- Develop safety stock and minimum order quantities for products
- Monitor and analyze reporting on vendor performance
- Analyze purchase requisitions versus inventory targets
- Lead meetings to discuss supply or vendor issues
- Document supply chain processes, such as workflows, cycle times, position responsibilities, and/or system flows.
- Bachelor’s degree required - ideally in Supply Chain.
- 3+ years of purchasing, inventory management or supply chain experience preferably within a distribution environment
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills
BusinessView all jobs at Hire Excellence