Project Manager (Urban Planning)
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Summary of Job
West Denver Renaissance Collaborative (“WDRC”) Project Manager II leads, coordinates, and represents West Denver by working with public agencies, non-profits, foundations, neighborhood organizations, and community members. The WDRC Project Manager II will manage projects in a timely, community informed, and financially sound manner in alignment with the WDRC work plan, project funders and essential organizational operations. The position focus is on the implementation of the West Denver Single Family Plus (“WDSF+”) initiative and related projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Manage assigned WDRC projects/initiatives, including responsibility for deliverables, timeline and scheduling, procurement, reporting, and managing relationships with stakeholders, program participants, and collaborators.
2. Provide ongoing WDRC communications via website updates/blogs, social media, and handouts on project initiatives. Oversee design and distribution of marketing, education and project collateral updates for website, email, print, video or other creative platforms.
3. Represent WDRC in City of Denver, community, and decision-making or advisory bodies as determined by WDRC.
4. Prepare written updates and presentations for quarterly updates, grant reports, and community meetings covering project progress, priorities, budget, lessons learned, and integrating the multifaceted priorities of the WDRC work plan.
5. Manage and provide ongoing support for community outreach for the WDSF+. The WDSF+ initiative will require a range of homeowner education forums and coordination with partners providing critical homeowner services. Coordinate with public relations consultants, marketing contacts, or housing partners in organizing homeowner forums in West Denver.
6. For the WDSF+ Affordable Dwelling Unit (“ADU”) development pilot program, the WDRC Project Manager II will be responsible for working one-on-one to advance homeowner participants. This will require communication, budget analysis, reporting, coordination with WDSF+ partners, and oversight of site design, financing coordination, construction oversight, and property management training.
7. Collaboration on the creation of the systems and solutions that guide homeowners through the steps of the ADU development process with WDRC implementing partners.
8. Analysis and primary responsibility for progress reports on the WDSF+ participants, the ADU development timeline, partner services, counseling, financing, design preferences, construction progress, and projected outcomes.
9. For all WDRC projects, prepare and analyze data and maps to guide decisions, actions, and outreach.
10. Represent WDRC mission, work plan initiatives, and advocate on behalf of West Denver leaders.
11. Maintain partnerships and trust with residents, organizations, and businesses in the WDRC geography who are most directly impacted by revitalization efforts.
12. Exhibit sensitivity to and respect for diversity in personal, professional and business relationships on behalf of WDRC and seek to utilize WDRC resources in an equitable manner with regard to race, ethnicity and gender.
13. Support equitable development in all West Denver neighborhoods, bringing lessons, leadership support, and investment opportunities equitably throughout the WDRC focus area.
14. Regularly advises the Director of WDRC of any unanticipated delays and/or problems with respect to the assigned project(s) along with potential solutions.
15. Daily attendance in the office and off-site locations.
16. Attend meetings and strategy sessions to remain informed of the client’s programs and activities, as well as other governmental programs and activities.
17. Perform any other duties as assigned by the Director of WDRC.
18. This list is not intended to be inclusive and may be expanded.
Minimum Educational Requirements
Bachelor’s degree in urban planning, community development, real estate, business, or related field.
Minimum Experience Requirement
• Five (5) years relevant experience developing or managing programs in affordable housing development, community-based design or architecture, homebuyer education, community development, residential energy efficiency, single-family lending or other related field.
• Project management experience managing projects, budgets, meeting deadlines, and coordinating a multidiscipline team of design and development professionals.
A combination of appropriate education and experience may be substituted for the minimum experience requirements at the discretion of the client.
Licenses and/or Certifications
A valid Colorado driver license is required. Eligibility to drive must be maintained in accordance with the personnel policy.
Knowledge, Skills and Competencies
a) Experience or working knowledge of Adobe products InDesign, Photoshop, Acrobat Pro.
b) Experience or the capacity to work with mapping programs or ARCGIS.
c) Experience or the capacity to work with site design and/or programs such as SketchUp.
d) Marketing experience helpful.
e) Experience working with a board of directors or community steering committee.
f) Experience developing and executing evaluation and data reporting frameworks.
g) Experience working with development, construction, or home financing.
h) Experience working with community residents and organizations building consensus and organizing for effective collaborative work outcomes.
i) Experience and skills that enable bridging long range goals and outcomes, with targeted implementation efforts and program/design details.
j) Experience taking the initiative to advance work, problem solve, or support team members collaborating to meet project needs.
k) Strong interpersonal skills.
l) Bilingual preferred (English/Spanish).
m) Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy.
n) Operates with the highest degree of integrity.
o) Excellent verbal and written communication skills and experience simplifying complex topics in writing and for broad public understanding. Expresses facts and ideas, in writing, in a succinct and organized manner that is appropriate for context, time and place.
p) Ability to plan, organize, implement and monitor multiple assignments or projects.
q) The ability to read, redline, and if necessary suggest solutions on architectural and site plan drawings.
r) Ability to communicate information and expresses ideas and facts to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information; makes clear and concise oral presentations; listens to others, attends to nonverbal cues, and responds appropriately.
s) Strong analytic, problem-solving and conflict resolution skills using sound reasoning to arrive at conclusions, solutions to complex problems, and distinguishes between relevant and irrelevant information to make logical judgments.
t) Deals calmly and effectively with high stress situations (for example, tight deadlines).
u) Open to change and new information; adapts behavior or work methods in response to new information, changing conditions, or unexpected obstacles; effectively deal with ambiguity.
v) Displays high standards of ethical conduct and understands the impact of violating these standards on client, self, and others; chooses an ethical course of action and is trustworthy.
w) Able to calmly interface with people from varied backgrounds and situations; is sensitive to individual differences. Adapts approach to different people and situations; is sensitive to cultural diversity, race, gender, and other individual differences in the workforce and manages workforce diversity.
With over 50 years of staffing experience and 10 years of continued growth within the life of Hire Connections, we will elevate your level of staffing expectations and career choice opportunities.
Hire ConnectionsWhy Work Here?
Woman-owned, awesome CEO, company lunches, collaborative environment
HIRE CONNECTIONS serves primarily the greater Metro Denver area. We are locally based and female-owned business. Our approach to employment is progressive by understanding the specific and personal needs of what makes a great CONNECTION. With over 50 years of staffing experience and 10 years of continued growth within the life of Hire Connections, we will elevate your level of staffing expectations and career choice opportunities.
ConstructionView all jobs at Hire Connections